New Radios...

plongson

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
plongson
We're pretty excited...We're finally scrapping out the old, one and only radio in the 1962 Cherokee 160. It's getting replaced with two Garmin GTR 225's and a GMA 345 com/audio panel. At the same time we're installing rear com connections.

It would have been nice to get Nav/Com but we're on a bit of a budget and the whole package is still gonna be nearly $11,500 OTD. We run a Garmin GDL-50 and Garmin Pilot so we've got most of the bases covered.

The lead time on this stuff is nuts, 14 weeks and the installer is booked out just as far...gonna be the end of September. It will be like Christmas in October...LOL

Sounds really nice and worth waiting for.

That sounds like a pretty nice setup. If you happen to want some of the equipment now I have a couple GTR-225B’s and will have a GNC-255 for sale soon.

Thanks, but no avionic shop I found will install "carry in" radios". One guy said it was like "buying a steak at the market and taking it to a restaurant to have it cooked". We've always done nearly all the work on this little plane but I just don't feel like tackling this project.

We're pretty excited...We're finally scrapping out the old, one and only radio in the 1962 Cherokee 160. It's getting replaced with two Garmin GTR 225's and a GMA 345 com/audio panel. At the same time we're installing rear com connections.

It would have been nice to get Nav/Com but we're on a bit of a budget and the whole package is still gonna be nearly $11,500 OTD. We run a Garmin GDL-50 and Garmin Pilot so we've got most of the bases covered.

The lead time on this stuff is nuts, 14 weeks and the installer is booked out just as far...gonna be the end of September. It will be like Christmas in October...LOL
Had you consider the PAR200B?
It’s our stereo audio panel with IntelliAudio, Bluetooth, SUPER intuitive user interface and the Trig Remote TY91L transceiver. Would probably save you a few $$

Thanks, but no avionic shop I found will install "carry in" radios". One guy said it was like "buying a steak at the market and taking it to a restaurant to have it cooked". We've always done nearly all the work on this little plane but I just don't feel like tackling this project.

Thats sounding like a one way street because a lot of these same shops have cleared out the market of used radios like GTN’s since they couldn’t find equipment and keep their installations on schedule.

There isn’t a ton of markup on the lower priced items, GTR’s, GMA’s but in any case I hope you aren’t paying suggested retail pricing. Usually if you are bound to buying from the shop that’s doing the installation you get a discount on the parts. At least that’s how it is up my way.

We were told the PAR200B would not work with the GTR225"s
Completely incorrect! Interfaces perfectly with it.
It doesn’t control the frequencies of the GTRs but does in fact, control the frequencies of the remote mounted Trig TY91L
Not sure what was meant “would not work”

Back