Don't Touch Me

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
So I'm an air-to-air photographer... you know, two or more planes flying through the air at high speed close to each other! Don't touch me!

I had to share this response I got from my website from an idiot who felt the need to send me a message because they don't like the wording on my briefing page! Made me laugh, thought I'd share!

I would've considered you, but the "DONT TOUCH ME!!" as the first thing I see on your website is a total turn off. You sound superior and stuck-up. And it's not clear. Are you referring to your person, or your wings while in the air, or both? In any case, your insistence of not being touched is a turn off. Nobody wants to do business with someone who loathes them. But I understand, you're obviously better and cleaner than the rest of us.

By the way... don't touch me!

Hahaha. Real loss there. I bet they would have been a great client to work with! :D:D:rofl:
I would say the feeling would be reciprocated of not wanting to work with a client like that tool! People have no sense of humor anymore...
Agree, sounds like they're too dumb to fly! It may even be someone pranking me. It seems too weird to be true!

Funny thing is, by them complaining, I went back and looked at my briefing. I had a spelling error!
#1 Rule Don't Touch Me! Safety is alway first.

Better yet... Just for that person, don't talk to me...don't even look at me. I think they turned the trigger switch up to 11 this morning.

Last edited:
So I'm an air-to-air photographer... you know, two or more planes flying through the air at high speed close to each other! Don't touch me!

I had to share this response I got from my website from an idiot who felt the need to send me a message because they don't like the wording on my briefing page! Made me laugh, thought I'd share!

I would've considered you, but the "DONT TOUCH ME!!" as the first thing I see on your website is a total turn off. You sound superior and stuck-up. And it's not clear. Are you referring to your person, or your wings while in the air, or both? In any case, your insistence of not being touched is a turn off. Nobody wants to do business with someone who loathes them. But I understand, you're obviously better and cleaner than the rest of us.

By the way... don't touch me!
That person may thought they were in a dating app?

I'm sure the message just rubbed 'em the wrong way, he WANTS to be touched!

Jack, modify that message to "DONT TOUCH ME, AND ESPECIALLY - DONT MESSAGE ME ABOUT IT!!"

If you want to get all musical about it:

Turn it up!

The plot thickens. My photo pilot met a guy today, who mentioned me and another photographer by name, and said he's going to take all of our magazine work away because he's going to do air-to-air for free! So I guess I have a stalker, or at least an enemy.

Doing what I do for free is about the only way I know you could lose more money than I do! I do this because I love it. I love capturing photos of pilots flying their planes. After paying for fuel, photo pilots, cameras, hotels, food, self-employment taxes, etc... I think I lost $4K last year. So please... put me out of business!

All the music meme’s…. Can’t let this Susan Sarandon classic not get mentioned.

Hard to follow a Brak song, but I was holding this in reserve.

Nauga,
Poncier than you

Now I've got to get all of these songs on my playlist for my flights!

If you ain’t rubbing, you’re not doing it right!

The plot thickens. My photo pilot met a guy today, who mentioned me and another photographer by name, and said he's going to take all of our magazine work away because he's going to do air-to-air for free! So I guess I have a stalker, or at least an enemy.

Doing what I do for free is about the only way I know you could lose more money than I do! I do this because I love it. I love capturing photos of pilots flying their planes. After paying for fuel, photo pilots, cameras, hotels, food, self-employment taxes, etc... I think I lost $4K last year. So please... put me out of business!
Man, who's wheaties did you **** in?

Does anyone actually like wheaties? I think the box would be less bland.

On a more serious note, owning my own company and advising another 20 businesses, I see my fair share of jerks. I still believe the vast majority of people are good, decent people. Just look around on this forum, most people I've encountered here are great, helpful, supportive, funny (or they think they are funny, which in itself is funny), and just decent people. Unfortunately for us, the very few jerks on this earth are the loudest and negative crap takes up more headspace for most people. It's just how we're wired.

As for the comment the person left you by email: I'd just ignore it. I pretty much ignore all feedback I'm getting from clients unless I get the exact same feedback, from three people within a quarter. Only then, I'll look into it. This doesn't apply to bug reports, we look at those immediately, but if it's feedback about a process, quality, messaging etc. we ignore it unless it's brought up multiple times by different people.

I went to your website to get the full context. Wow, some people have no clue.
All part of the new fad of looking for ways to be offended. I mean, “I went to your website voluntarily and read something that made me feel bad, and it’s your fault”. Pretty par for the course these days.

+1 on the response to the comments. I tell my kids to be happy when they encounter a person that comments like that, as it’s far better to learn that someone is an a$$ when you first meet them, rather than having to extract oneself from a building friendship after learning that at a later stage.

Just looked at the sample work on your site, it's outstanding. Will happily use you if I'm in the market for air to air shots!

Back