Looking for an A&P, central PA (KSEG)

Conrad Buck

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Conrad Buck
I have a '65 Mooney M20E, and on its most recent flight it had an exhaust header part company with the associated cylinder head. I've got the gasket and bolts and washers on order (as specified in Lycoming's parts manual), but I'll need an A&P to do the install and sign the logs.

I'm wondering: does anyone know of a local A&P who might be willing to do this work? Again the plane is on the ground at KSEG.

I have a '65 Mooney M20E, and on its most recent flight it had an exhaust header part company with the associated cylinder head. I've got the gasket and bolts and washers on order (as specified in Lycoming's parts manual), but I'll need an A&P to do the install and sign the logs.

I'm wondering: does anyone know of a local A&P who might be willing to do this work? Again the plane is on the ground at KSEG.

Welcome to POA.
Sorry I can't help you with any referrals.

What about your regular IA? Another thought is FSDO may know of Techs near you. Cost could be based more on drive or fly time time than Wrench Time.

A Concern is WHY one pipe would loosen up. Likely the gasket blew and then the
pipe was loose. BANG during mag check? You may want to take a lot of pix for Tech before travel. Warped flange, cracked head or frozen slip joints could also be to blame. Be prepared that many Techs will want to examine more than one joint before a signature. Not easy on a Super. A flight to address the SYSTEM could be
in your future,

Back