Who wants one? (eVTOL)

Cool. A noisy as hell, 8 bladed coffin!

Another thing I'd have to try once, but no way I'd do it regularly.

It looks like it would have great utility going up and down the costco parking lot aisles and lopping heads of those parking karens waiting for the front spaces and jamming everything up.

So do you need a drone certificate, ultralight, multi, whirlybird or what certificate to operate one of those?

Last edited:
Finally, a video that realistically shows how noisy these things are. Don't fly higher than you don't mind falling from.

By the way, was that parts flying off at the :17 mark?

So do you need a drone certificate, ultralight, multi, whirlybird or what certificate to operate one of those?
Under the current regulations, rotorcraft helicopter, unless you could get an exemption to substitute something else.

I don't think those were from the aircraft. I frame by frame advanced, and one of them had a white tip on it, and I don't see anything in the static view that had a white tip. But I have no idea what it would be as it each one was only in view for 1-2 frames each.
Just funny that whatever it was that went flying stayed in the short video clip they released.

Whatever it was came from the ground and went up. Play it at 1/4 speed.

I think that video was showing it's maximum range. Music going and the thing is still loud as hell.

It looks to have the same seating position and cabin width as a Mooney.....

Sure looks safe for back yard recreational use. Honey, just let the kids and dog run around the back yard while I fly around and land. Nothing bad can happen.

Maybe it wouldn't kill me to commute across the bay at max 10 ft? Any higher, or over solid ground seems like terrible accident waiting to happen.

Looks very cool, but probably not enough range for the $$. Also, I’d want to see the failure modes.. demonstrated….

I like the idea of them as a point to point transport, but I don’t trust they will have the range or speed I want. It would be great from say my driveway to the airport to eliminate the roads and traffic. It’s a 45m drive to go 20nm. I don’t believe this has a 60kt speed to make that practical, not will it have the 40nm + reserve needed.

so, it falls back to being a toy.

I like the idea of them as a point to point transport, but I don’t trust they will have the range or speed I want. It would be great from say my driveway to the airport to eliminate the roads and traffic. It’s a 45m drive to go 20nm. I don’t believe this has a 60kt speed to make that practical, not will it have the 40nm + reserve needed.

I can't be the only one that's debated whether my driveway is long enough to take off with one of these, whether they have the range to get me to my office, and what the commute time would be.

Sadly, the calculations don't work out for my current situation. Maybe that's a reason to look for a new job?

maxresdefault.jpg

Love the rear view mirrors(?) to check six.

NFW I’d get in one of those infernal machines. Definitely NOT on my bucket list.

Cheers

I love the "everyone is a pilot" at the end. Nobody will buy it because you have to use two hands (no free hand for texting). :confused:

It doesn't look very comfortable... I don't know. If you want vertical take off and want to make a lot of noise - get an old Huey! One of the coolest sounds out there!

I Believe top speed of non “ultralight” version is 120kts or so. You only get like 20-30 mins per charge though.

I Believe top speed of non “ultralight” version is 120kts or so. You only get like 20-30 mins per charge though.

102 km/hr (63 kts) and 20 minutes flying is what I see. Is there another?

The weaving between the obstacles was making me nervous watching it. One of those props hits a twig and you're probably turning into a freefalling rock. I wouldn't think skimming treetops would be an advisable use to be promoting.

The weaving between the obstacles was making me nervous watching it. One of those props hits a twig and you're probably turning into a freefalling rock. I wouldn't think skimming treetops would be an advisable use to be promoting.

Probably scared to fly it out of ground effect. ;)

Back