Blue Skies.....Wayne (Wayne Cease)

Checkout_my_Six

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Check_my_Six
I was notified that Wayne passed last Friday from a massive heart attack. Gonna miss him. He was a prolific Angel Flight guy and looked forward to helping folks out.

Blue Skies Wayne!!!!;)

wayne.jpg

Last edited:
Sad to read this news. I’ve enjoyed his photos and trip reports over the years on the PB Debriefing room thread.

Wow, I’m in shock!

Wayne was a great guy, I met him a few different times and he was always very friendly and upbeat. I recall a few of us standing around ogling his Cirrus at GMU a year or two back. I am very saddened to read this!

Tailwinds to @wayne, we’ll certainly miss him! :(

Just damn. I never met him, but pictured him as an active healthy guy with many more good years in his future.

He was a runner and a cyclist. Stayed healthy. Just an absolute shock. My heart goes out to his wife, daughters, and family. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since I found out today. He was retiring in 2 months and had a great life planned out. He was 57 in January.

Damn. Really sucks. Poor guy and his family. Our days on this Earth are few and precious

Wow. Just wow. I haven't met many of you in person but Wayne was on that short list. This is shocking. My condolences to his family.

Man, we were just talking about his new Kia EV the other day. Gonna miss him. RIP.

Wow, condolences to his family

I am 58, have stepped out of aviation for a number of years. Thinking about getting back in…better not wait..

…better not wait..

Pretty much true for anything in life. My first peer died 15 years ago in the Virginia Tech shooting. She was a few weeks away from graduation with a job lined up and a whole life ahead. None of us know when our road will end.

Blue skies and tailwinds, Wayne. :(

Tailwinds and smooth skies. Time is the only commodity we really own. Spend it wisely.

Quite a shock - such sad news:(

Quite a few of you I FEEL like I've met in person after reading for years, but hope to fix that at a get together sometime

I'll add to the parade of "meet-up pictures"... Wayne joined a small group that welcomed me to Atlanta during my Lower48apalooza flight of 2019/2020:
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/atlanta-folks.124270/page-2#post-2874232

dsc00930-jpg.82723

Very sad. Life is precious

Wayne helped welcome me into the social aspect of being a pilot, the knowledge he shared about his experience with his Cirrus (and previous plane), helped give me the confidence in to buy my Yankee.

In addition, he carried me as a hitchhiker when the weather was too bad for me to fly on my fresh PPL to a POA meetup, giving me a valuable injection of enthusiasm at a time when some stressors of the process had me thinking about quitting.

Smooth skies and tailwinds.

Back