Getting rid of kchhhhhhhhhhhhhh 12v cig

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Talk of CO in the cockpit and such, and now having a bit more family responsibility, I found this CO detector that I thought would work great in the plane. Problem is, when it's plugged in, both COM radios on any and all frequencies has constant static noise when plugged into the 12v outlet that's visible. I have a double 12v outlet installed behind the panel to keep power to the iFly and I don't get static when it is plugged into that, but, well, being behind the panel it doesn't really serve it's purpose.

Any ideas on how to eliminate the static when plugged into the front facing outlet?

I had no idea a product like this existed. I hope you make it work without the static noise!

It’s cheap Chinese electronics. Looking at the reviews, folks with better instrumentation and test chambers say it doesn’t work.

So given how it’s full of RF noise and doesn’t work anyhow, I would throw it away. You’re likely hearing noise from its internal voltage step down circuit that is needed to power that fake Co chip that doesn’t work.

After disposing of the junk, I would then look for something designed to be in an airplane, or I would look for something designed for commercial use. Either way you’ll get something that doesn’t suck and isn’t full of RF noise.

:yeahthat: sensorcon and done

Get the Sensorcon. Pilot discount.

I have this same plug. It gives off all sorts of noise.

You can try attaching a ferrite filter over the wire going to the 12v outlet. These are cheap on Amazon and just snap around the wiring. You do need to match to the diameter of the wiring.

Back