Theaters

Saw the good news yesterday that a sequel to "This is Spinal Tap" is in the works.

So unless your home theater goes up to 11, you may want to see it in the movie theater.

Yeah, why do celebrities feel the need to spew political noise? Kirk Cameron, Clint Eastwood and Tim Allen come to mind. Just ruins the experience.

That list seems a little one-sided. You could balance it out by including almost every other celebrity in Hollywood.

Last edited:
The last movie I saw in a theater was Sully. No kidding. I don't like that many new movies, and to me the only point of going to a theater for a movie is if the visuals will make it worth it. I figured it would be for Sully, and it was. I think Ford vs Ferrari would be, too, but 10 minutes or whatever of race footage wasn't worth the hassle for me.

I don't remember the year, but last movie I saw in a theater was Wild Hogs, so its been a long time.

Last movie I saw was Jackass. Prior to that, I honestly can't remember. I want to be entertained and today's movies just aren't entertaining. Nothing original. Nothing new. Recycled ideas. How many Batman movies have their been? The Christian Bale versions were ok, but I'll still say the Michael Keaton ones were the best. If it's not an action movie it's a holier than thou PC pile of crap.

Last edited:
I think Dune (the original release) was the last movie I saw in a theater.

Saw the good news yesterday that a sequel to "This is Spinal Tap" is in the works.

So unless your home theater goes up to 11, you may want to see it in the movie theater.

I think if you want to properly see a dwarf almost crushed by Stonehenge, it has to be on the big screen!

We haven’t seen a movie in a theater for so long I can’t remember the last time. “Everything Everywhere All At Once” appears intriguing and we may give it a go for the theater experience.

We live in a small town that still had the classic downtown movie theater. The theater made it through the worst of the COVID shutdowns, but unfortunately closed this past winter. :(

One of the few I've actually walked out on, and I was a 23 year old fan of the books. It was so bad I lasted less than half an hour, I think. I can understand not wanting to set foot in a theater again after that.

One of the few I've actually walked out on, and I was a 23 year old fan of the books. It was so bad I lasted less than half an hour, I think. I can understand not wanting to set foot in a theater again after that.

I was soooooo close to walking out.

Best reason ever to not watch another movie! I tried to watch it with a friend from college, and I couldn't do it. I think I made it about 45 minutes. I think the movie was actually worse than whatever futuristic misery they were trying to portray.

We used to go 2-3 times per year, then maybe once a year and we haven’t been since 2018 or so. We will see Top Gun 2 and probably the re-release of Smokey and the Bandit!

Back