KHIO Airshow

I wonder how long it took them to find an all-female performer roster like that.

I'm dropping my plane for annual at Twin Oaks that weekend so am likely to pop in -- and be annoyed by the TFR I need to stay out of also. :D

We're sending a jet down. I passed along my distant memory of bringing another jet there a number of years ago, and being surprised by how close the tall trees were to the threshold. It's a good airshow, I was treated well, especially after my early 1990's vintage fighter broke for a week when I tried to leave......hey, it was restaurant week in PDX and I was crashing with an old high school/college bud, so there are much worse places to be stuck. Anyway, the ladies bringing this jet are great Americans.

20-22 May? Bad time to schedule a Pacific NW airshow.
Long-range forecast currently shows a 4-day potentially rain-free window 20-23, but PNW spring weather forecasting is notoriously inaccurate.

Keep your fingers crossed and make a sacrifice to the weather gods. (Don't use the good bourbon.)

We're sending a jet down. I passed along my distant memory of bringing another jet there a number of years ago, and being surprised by how close the tall trees were to the threshold. It's a good airshow, I was treated well, especially after my early 1990's vintage fighter broke for a week when I tried to leave......hey, it was restaurant week in PDX and I was crashing with an old high school/college bud, so there are much worse places to be stuck. Anyway, the ladies bringing this jet are great Americans.
So, did they ever find out who(you) broke the plane?:fingerwag:

Last edited:
20-22 May? Bad time to schedule a Pacific NW airshow.
Long-range forecast currently shows a 4-day potentially rain-free window 20-23, but PNW spring weather forecasting is notoriously inaccurate.

Keep your fingers crossed and make a sacrifice to the weather gods. (Don't use the good bourbon.)
I’ve been to a lot of them and don’t remember this early in the year. Not that I kept track, but it just seems early. Anyway, a little history https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_International_Air_Show

I was treated well, especially after my early 1990's vintage fighter broke for a week when I tried to leave......

early 90s? oooh look at bougie Brad in his 1990s model.
giphy.gif

Uphill both ways homey, you aren't vintage anything unless your squadron still flies the tails they did when the squadron reunions looked like this:
upload_2022-5-14_10-17-19.jpeg
..too soon? :D

At least yours break on the ground. Ours are currently further G-restricted to below 5k agl due to concerns about how long it took to recover the last time it lost 1/3 of the wing. We keep it vintage up in here alright *kicks rocks*

before boomers get all haughty about Gen Y/Z wokeness, here's the boomers spearheading the woke back in 1973.
upload_2022-5-14_10-36-20.png

Was I being a haughty boomer despite my gen-X ness? I think there was some determined effort there, and was recognizing it. I hope it didn't come off as denigrating, it wasn't my intent.

Uphill both ways homey, you aren't vintage anything unless your squadron still flies the tails they did when the squadron reunions looked like this:
View attachment 106823
..too soon? :D

At least yours break on the ground. Ours are currently further G-restricted to below 5k agl due to concerns about how long it took to recover the last time it lost 1/3 of the wing. We keep it vintage up in here alright *kicks rocks*

Good lord dude. Google "use of vintage as a noun". Ironically, you are comparing an aircraft that is still operational, to one that has been removed from active service (a few do continue to fly as red air).

Good lord dude. Google "use of vintage as a noun". Ironically, you are comparing an aircraft that is still operational, to one that has been removed from active service (a few do continue to fly as red air).

Dang, I thought that joke had gone rather well *gets hit with lettuce*. Good thing I haven't quit my day job lol. Oh well. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Two months ago, the F35, F16 pilots and Miss Vickie were all at Davis Monthan AFB getting certified to fly in airshows as they do every year. I can tell you that Miss Vickie knows how to fly that Stearman. After Heritage flight was over and she left for home, I asked her to give the tower a close up view as we never got to get one during the certification. She did and we appreciated it. The guy that flies the Jelly Belly plane was just as accommodating.

Dang, I thought that joke had gone rather well *gets hit with lettuce*. Good thing I haven't quit my day job lol. Oh well. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Ok bud.....I'll admit your response came off differently than it seems you intended

Last edited:
Back