Which audio panel to buy?

I put in a Trig TMA45 (which is branded PS Engineering model) and I love it. I have a mismatch of avionics and all play together well. Interface is very intuitive to me. I like the softer look of the faceplate as well. Has all the features you'd expect in a modern audio panel. Sound quality is great.

Just so you know, if you're going to go with a top of the line intercom you'll be getting stereo capability. If you want stereo, and why wouldn't ya, you'll most likely have to upgrade jacks, wiring to the jacks, and get stereo headphones. If you're system is as old as you allude to, probably time to look at all peripheral wiring anyway.

Maybe installation problems caused the failure of the audio panel, because Garmin has a failsafe mode, if properly installed that takes the failed audio panel out of the circuit and you are connected directly to com 1. If this was not working then look at your installer not the unit, because if the garmin was not installed properly than what makes you think the PS would be.

from the manual:
FAIL-SAFE OPERATION

If there is a failure of the GMA 345 or when power is not applied, a fail-safe circuit connects the pilot’s headset and microphone directly to the COM1 transceiver. Audio is not available on the speaker during Fail-safe operation.

Garmin or PS Engineering? Does Garmin's CEO or even their audio panel product manager come to help you?

This was a big reason why I bought a PSE 450A when I did my panel work a while back. To @mscheuer I'm a customer and not a number.

The 450A and now 450B's advantages are numerous over big G.

Easy to appreciate why owners need to save a couple of bucks and go with the 8000 series, but the 450B is worth the extra and then some. Biggest reason is the context sensitive UI. I rarely need manual to configure. No buttonology like playing a game of twister with your fingers while reading a cheat sheet while flying. :7)

I have a ‘59 Piper Comanche with a GNC 355, G5 HSI and GTX330ES. My audio panel is old and I am going to install a new one. I know most of the cost is on the install but which panel should I get?

I want it to be a 4 place system and I have been looking at the Garmin 345.

did they need to replace the wires back to the rear seats which apparently adds many hours? Ballpark installation hours? People hate the intercom in my skylane but the local install guy has the “it’s gonna take a week to replace all your 50 year old wiring” look

thx

I have a KMA24 audio panel and a PS1000 11 intercom. When I turn on the intercom my copilot cant hear the radio unless I go into the settings on the SL40 and increase the phone audio. Also, the pilots sidetone has to be adjusted for that position to have sidetone. Is this a wiring issue? I’m guessing a new PS 7000 or 450B would eliminate these issues.

Back