What is this annunciation? (Garmin 430)

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
The work Bonanza has a 530W/430W as radios/GPS 1 & 2.

Flight was This morning about 1240Z, KTKI to KPRX. Photo is after being cleared to NUKIC for the RNAV17 approach.

what is the TER TEST annunciation?

E0007377-4DBB-4636-9E60-D519664DBC42.jpeg

On page 3-20 of the GNS530 Pilot's Guide

TAWS Manual Test
Garmin TAWS provides a manual test capability which verifies the proper operation of the aural and visual annunciations of the system prior to a flight.

Manually testing the TAWS system:
1) Select the TAWS Page and press the MENU Key.
2) Turn the large right knob to highlight the ‘Test Terrain?’ option
3) Press the ENT Key to confirm the selection.
‘TER TEST’ is annunciated in yellow on the TAWS Page. One of the following aural messages is played giving the test results:
• “TAWS System Test, OK”, if the system passes the test.
• “TAWS System Failure” if the system fails the test.

NOTE: TAWS system testing is disabled when ground speed exceeds 30 kts, so as not to impede TAWS alerting.

Terrain Test. Some type of system database test of the terrain database? I'd think that would be a self-test at system startup or user-initiated, not something that would show up in the middle of an approach.

Hmmm, so what were you flying in THOSE winds for, anyway? :eek:

or

I thought Bonanzas were fast? :p

(Pick one-liner of your choice.)
Ground speed at time was 195kts

A white Ter Test means a terrain test was in progress. Dunno why or how it started a test in the middle of you flying. Had you just done the Proc input for the rnav or anything?

Screenshot_20220512-063539_Drive.jpg

A white Ter Test means a terrain test was in progress. Dunno why or how it started a test in the middle of you flying. Had you just done the Proc input for the rnav or anything?
I may have selected and loaded the approach.

Back