Annual Fees?

In Michigan it's $0.01/lb of gross weight.

But we do get a nifty airport guide that has airport information along with meals/lodging/transportation/attractions near the airport plus a diagram for each public use airport in the state.
I'm not so sure we're getting that anymore. I notice the Michigan airport app has not been updated in over 7 months, the Michigan Aero website has been down, off and on for weeks, and I usually get the guide in the mail by now. Maybe a victim of COVID? I bet the state use tax department is still working though.

Where are you all getting annual inspection of of this?

He said annual registration.

Some states have them, some don't.
Most likely the title of the thread: "Annual Fees"
Some people don't read all the words in a post.

Good evening everyone. I was hoping I could get some clear (non government) answers on the annual registration. From my research, it appears as though it's so confusing, I have no idea what they heck they're talking about. Sad part is, I have a Doctorate in Computer Science.

Basically, I can figure out complex calculations, then design, and build, highly complex electrical components to route satellite signals around the planet, but I can't understand how much I'll be charged annually for a private plane. I'm not looking for exact numbers, just a rough guesstimate on annual fees, and was hoping I could get some help with it. Is there an equation to solve this?

Let's see if I can fill in as many variables as possible in hopes that someone could provide some insight. I haven't purchased a plane yet, still in the shopping stage, and don't want to get in over my head without knowing what I'm getting into.

For a rough guess, let's say:
Plane Value: $50,000 USD
Plane Age: 1970 (55 years old)
State/County: California/Alameda County (yeah...I know, land of taxes)

Any assistance other than "don't buy one" would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
For a 172 in the Metro DC area we covered costs, including engine fund, for $90-$105 per hour each year, fuel being the variable. Covered it all - maintenance, engine reserve, avionics reserve, interior reserve, tie-down (no hangar), insurance. The while thing. 1974 C172, STEC AP, Garmin WAAS gps/coms, etc., pretty well equipped for IFR. That was for about 250 hours per year.

Good evening everyone. I was hoping I could get some clear (non government) answers on the annual registration. From my research, it appears as though it's so confusing, I have no idea what they heck they're talking about. Sad part is, I have a Doctorate in Computer Science.

Basically, I can figure out complex calculations, then design, and build, highly complex electrical components to route satellite signals around the planet, but I can't understand how much I'll be charged annually for a private plane. I'm not looking for exact numbers, just a rough guesstimate on annual fees, and was hoping I could get some help with it. Is there an equation to solve this?

Let's see if I can fill in as many variables as possible in hopes that someone could provide some insight. I haven't purchased a plane yet, still in the shopping stage, and don't want to get in over my head without knowing what I'm getting into.

For a rough guess, let's say:
Plane Value: $50,000 USD
Plane Age: 1970 (55 years old)
State/County: California/Alameda County (yeah...I know, land of taxes)

Any assistance other than "don't buy one" would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
For a 172 in the Metro DC area we covered costs, including engine fund, for $90-$105 per hour each year, fuel being the variable. Covered it all - maintenance, engine reserve, avionics reserve, interior reserve, tie-down (no hangar), insurance. The while thing. 1974 C172, STEC AP, Garmin WAAS gps/coms, etc., pretty well equipped for IFR. That was for about 250 hours per year.

Alameda County
There's a bunch of subtleties and workarounds, but you haven't given us enough data...

based at OAK? Private or public hangar/tiedown?

the tax rates per prop 13 can't exceed 1.25% of assessed value, but there's a bunch of ways to affect the assessed value...

I'm at OAk, president of the pilots' group at the airport. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss the subtleties.

Paul

There's a bunch of subtleties and workarounds, but you haven't given us enough data...

based at OAK? Private or public hangar/tiedown?

the tax rates per prop 13 can't exceed 1.25% of assessed value, but there's a bunch of ways to affect the assessed value...

I'm at OAk, president of the pilots' group at the airport. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss the subtleties.

Paul

I'm hangared at HWD but would prefer OAK since I live in Bayfarmistan. Are there any large tee/non-trashed/box-not-tee hangars coming up anytime soon? I toured the port-a-ports and thought I was in haiti after a storm had hit, but the convenience would be unparalleled.

Are there social activities I can crash? I'm very OAK-curious. :D

In CA the registered owner is mailed a foem each year from your county tax office. The form asks for condition of aircraft (paint, interrior, tbo E&A, equipment installed etc etc) they decide value of aircraft and tax about % of that annually. You will also pay CA state salws tax when you purchase aircraft regardless if purchased in CA or not.

Back