Top Gun 2

I suspect that it won't be that good but people will pretend it is amazing like Yuengling beer and In and Out burger.

Yuengling beer is great, if you're comparing it to Coors Light/Bud Light/Michelob, etc. It also gets credit for being the oldest US brewery. In-N-Out is on the "better" side of fast food burgers, but I wouldn't call it amazing by any stretch (although if it's 2am and you've been out partying just about anything is "amazing" lol).

I don't expect Top Gun 2 to be amazing, but I bet it will be pretty good from a visual standpoint. Potentially more accurate than most aviation films from a military/flying aspect given Tom Cruise's knowledge of flight that he didn't have before the original Top Gun was filmed. The plot will likely be junk, but that's Hollywood for you.

27th opening day. Who’s going?

I was at the opening showing back in the day. They gave away "Danger Zone" singles as souvenirs. Mine is probably in the basement somewhere.

I might just make it to a showing of this one on the first weekend. Hoping Jennifer Connelly gets a fair amount of airtime.

I suspect that it won't be that good but people will pretend it is amazing like Yuengling beer and In and Out burger.

In n out is amazing. Granted I’m a little biased. Been working there for 26 years! I eat one just about every day I work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In N Out is amazing. You’ve just grown tired of it because it’s the norm out there.

I've only had it once.
It came to Texas a few years ago and the lines were around the corner so I thought well I've got to know what this is about.

Whatever it was I got tasted pretty much like a Whopper

I've only had it once.
It came to Texas a few years ago and the lines were around the corner so I thought well I've got to know what this is about.

Whatever it was I got tasted pretty much like a Whopper

I agree, it’s not wait in line forever amazing. Like Chick Fil A in my town. They bought property across the road for a second parking lot. Great service and decent chicken but not worth the wait.

I was also unimpressed once I finally got to visit an In N Out. I found it unremarkable.

Five Guys remains my go-to for a burger, with Habit Burger and SmashBurger just a bit further down the list.

Will I see it opening day- absolutely
Will is pale in comparison to the OG- absolutely
Will I care about it sucking -absolutely not.

Keep in mind this movie came out when I was 10 years old. It was awesome. The score evokes emotion whenever heard no matter what context. It was one of Jerry Bruckheimer’s early great hits.

The second will heavily borrow of the OG one and will likely be blockbuster hit of the summer

99% agree!
1% = I was NOT 10 years old when the original came out.

I work with someone whose two sons did some of the flying in the new Top Gun movie. I’ll have to see it just for the, “that’s pretty cool” connection.

Hopefully some of the flying scenes will be ok.

I'm just glad there are real flying scenes. So many movies go full out on CGI for flying these days. I was truly disappointed in the "Red Tails" movie, that not a single real aircraft was to be found. Over 100 flying Mustangs in this country, many with red tails, and they couldn't be bothered to film a single one?!

I was also unimpressed once I finally got to visit an In N Out. I found it unremarkable.

Five Guys remains my go-to for a burger, with Habit Burger and SmashBurger just a bit further down the list.

Five Guys and Habit/Smashburger aren't in the same market as In-N-Out. They don't have drive-thrus and take 10 minutes to churn out a burger most times. In-N-Out is competing with McD/BK/Whataburger/Burger Street, etc.

Whataburger. ‘Nuff said.

Is there a North Texas Aviators TG2 watch party?

I know when it was going to be released last year some were posting in the NTA facebook group about getting together to watch it in someone's hangar.
I haven't seen any comments about it this time.

If I want to see some has-been geezer well past his prime pretending to still be relevant, I can look in a mirror.

Truth sure is funny! I resemble that remark ...

Five Guys and Habit/Smashburger aren't in the same market as In-N-Out. They don't have drive-thrus and take 10 minutes to churn out a burger most times. In-N-Out is competing with McD/BK/Whataburger/Burger Street, etc.

Thank you. They're also substantially more expensive. I can absolutely get a better burger than In-N-Out, but not for the price.

Thank you. They're also substantially more expensive. I can absolutely get a better burger than In-N-Out, but not for the price.

I view In-N-Out and Burger Street pretty much at parity for value/quality. Whataburger is slightly lower quality, but also cheaper. I don't consider any of them to be "great burgers", even Five Guys/etc. I'd rather have a Red Robin burger than most of those others, but that's because I like a 1/2 pound burger that is flame-grilled and properly seasoned rather than a 1/3 pound pressed-flat griddle burger.

We ate at a Red Robin just the other night, for the first time in probably 8-10 years. The burger was OK. The restaurant was run down to the point of crumbling; we won't be back. I'm guessing that the franchise owner's fault, I hope the whole chain isn't declining like that.

I always look forward to trips down south, because Whataburger rocks. Love that place. Come to think of it, though, I usually get their spicy chicken.

Never have had In-N-Out or California Burger. Anyone remember Hot 'n Now? I miss that place.

I was going to grill burgers tonight, but KMLE 112235Z AUTO 18017G29KT 10SM CLR 34/15

I was going to grill burgers tonight, but KMLE 112235Z AUTO 18017G29KT 10SM CLR 34/15
Hasn't that been the METAR since December? Only the wind direction has changed. Between WX and business trips, it took forever to get my BFR done.

A former RIO who a tech consultant to the original Top Gun did a review.

If you want to see the Plot without spoilers, watch this. He gives a Thumbs Up.

Cheers

Which brings up the question, do we really do any dogfighting anymore? When’s the last time a US fighter has had to do aerobatic maneuvers to avoid an enemy aircraft?

Tom
The last war was the last time. If the next war is a big one there will be lots of visual dogfighting. Especially after day 3 of the war and all the long range missiles are gone. By day 5 the heaters will be gone.

If you absolutely HAVE to be in Cali the best burger (IMO) comes from Slaters 50/50. 50% Beef, 50% Bacon. Plus they have 100 beers on tap.

A former RIO who a tech consultant to the original Top Gun did a review.

If you want to see the Plot without spoilers, watch this. He gives a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
I thought I liked his videos at first, but I'd rather watch DG at this point.

If you go see TG-M don't forget your Scientology bingo card! Remember kids, Thetan, Xenu and brainwashing are all free squares.

If I want to see some has-been geezer well past his prime pretending to still be relevant, I can look in a mirror.

That reminds me, I saw a bumper sticker on a minivan that said “I used to be cool”. Got a laugh out of that one.

Back