10-panel test, advice urgently needed

2days2pee

I received a certified letter 90 minutes ago as of posting, requesting a 10-panel drug test within 48 hours, as well as a drug use statement. The urgent matter is how do I find an acceptable company/lab on no notice to perform a test and mail the results to OKC? And preferably one that is familiar with FAA methods...

The HIMS AME I was consulting with seems to have closed his practice in the last 6 months so I cannot ask him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you considered Quest Labs or a call to your PCM?

But the highest rate of “oh we switched it for a positive one”... that we know of...

1. This was confirmed by DNA. Took the FAA like 18 months to acknowledge that.

2. A federal judge found Labcorp NOT CULPABLE because they couldn’t have known it was gonna cause someone to lose income! Wow!

Moral of the story is ALL these places are usually accurate. They just don’t carry ANY consequence for effing up your life, none, so why would they care?

The best protection is a couple of tests... at your expense, sadly.

Don’t know if ya know about this case Doc, low positive whole blood peth. But kind of a game changer!

Apparently, in California LabCorp needs a MD to order the test, no self-testing. Learn something new every day.

I got the same letter and utilized a place called ‘FastestLabs’. They look to be somewhat nationwide.

The issue I ran into with some of the bigger names mentioned above was that they either weren’t willing to test without an MD and/or weren’t willing to snail mail the results direct to the FAA from their possession as the FAA requested.

My original AME was also of no use in achieving this result, you may have to just literal go place to place and patiently explain the situation, that’s how I found FastestLabs was willing.

Best of luck and I completely understand if you are feeling a bit stressed right now!

Thanks for the advice everyone, found a local lab and going in to "produce" later today.

Now to start honing that statement.

But the highest rate of “oh we switched it for a positive one”... that we know of...

1. This was confirmed by DNA. Took the FAA like 18 months to acknowledge that.

2. A federal judge found Labcorp NOT CULPABLE because they couldn’t have known it was gonna cause someone to lose income! Wow!

Moral of the story is ALL these places are usually accurate. They just don’t carry ANY consequence for effing up your life, none, so why would they care?

The best protection is a couple of tests... at your expense, sadly.

Don’t know if ya know about this case Doc, low positive whole blood peth. But kind of a game changer!
That sounds interesting. Can you elaborate more without disclosing anything.
I often have to do UDS testing for people that I rx meds to. Local labs were essentially a joke. Would miss stuff that I knew we gave IV. For Outpatient testing for. A number Of years I would strictly use AEGIS testing company. They wouldn’t just do the standard drugs, but they would do the breakdowns as well as prescribed antidepressants, anti-epileptic in the pain management setting. Recently my management has pushed us to use their testing service which is billed comparable but has some question marks. We use this testing to confirm compliance and continue prescribing. It can get real touchy.

Happy to expound, but not sure what kind of details. Ask away, here or back channel, will help as I can.

The FAAs reliance on unreliable testing is VERY disturbing. We have correspondence FROM THE FAA where they called someone who merely calls people to pee and bleed, for expert advice about this testing. Not a toxicologist, not a doctor, not even a nurse. The most notable thing on this person’s resume is recovering drug addict that admits to still drinking! Wow... The FAA is calling them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back