Burger King - Price Hikes

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
I seldom eat fast-food. Honest. I find it mostly vile. But sometimes, it's a must-do. For me, it's a once every two-weeks kinda indulgence while I'm out running errands.

One of my go-to items for fast-food is the BK Chicken Junior. Also known as disappointment in a bun. It was 99-cents, and was somewhat recently raised to $1.29. Ummmm okay. I hit the drive-through that day with exact change for a 99-center, and drove away without my sandwich.

Fast-forward to today. I hit the drivethru with about a buck and a half in cash money. Now the chicken disappointment junior is $1.99. SRSLY? For the second time this calendar year, I drive away sandwichless.

From 0.99 to 1.99 in just a few months?

I seldom eat fast-food. Honest. I find it mostly vile. But sometimes, it's a must-do. For me, it's a once every two-weeks kinda indulgence while I'm out running errands.

One of my go-to items for fast-food is the BK Chicken Junior. Also known as disappointment in a bun. It was 99-cents, and was somewhat recently raised to $1.29. Ummmm okay. I hit the drive-through that day with exact change for a 99-center, and drove away without my sandwich.

Fast-forward to today. I hit the drivethru with about a buck and a half in cash money. Now the chicken disappointment junior is $1.99. SRSLY? For the second time this calendar year, I drive away sandwichless.

My go to was a mcdouble, small fries, and a drink; $3+tax. A few months ago it went to $3.50 for the "food", plus $1.50 for the drink, plus tax.

8.5% inflation my aching ass...

Food and fuel are the two areas where the inflation has really been noticeable to me. It’s hard to get out of the grocery store with a small purchase for under $100, and last buy run was $400.

Soon we'll see another anonymous poster claiming to have been denied a medical because the AME found they had "Burger King Breath."

When I was in High School, I worked at Burger King. People complained like crazy when the price of Whoppers went from 39 cents to 45 cents.

Not saying what year this was. But my pay was $1.25/hr. 80 octane avgas was 55 cents. Aeronca Champ was $10/hr and CFI was $5.

Forget BK, what happened to my Wendy’s JR Bacon 4 for 4? It’s now a $5 baggie. :(

In my part of FL, diesel is in a race with 100LL. At the moment, Diesel is winning.

Stock market has plunged the past month. Time to buy!

Minimum wage $15. I guess Burger King is a career occupation now instead of a first time job

My $3.65 I made at Hardee’s in 1988 is worth $8.87 today. I can understand raising min wage to $10.00 but $15.00 is ridiculous.

My local McDonalds still has a senior coffee for .25 cents but everything else is jacked 30% or more…travel days by tradition have us driving through going to the big airport…

Walmart is doing that <robots> and STILL prices go up.
Really? Last time I was in Walmart, they just made the customer do everything themselves.

That would be certainly make things interesting if Burger King were to pivot that way, though.

Food and fuel are the two areas where the inflation has really been noticeable to me. It’s hard to get out of the grocery store with a small purchase for under $100, and last buy run was $400.
I definitely agree here. Just filled up all the cars for $5.90. Groceries are almost worse!

Replace the workers with robots.
Robots are everywhere now. The real scary ones are software robots who are starting to replace decent entry level business jobs.

2x Spicy Deluxe CFA meals have been pushing $25 as is/no mods in our neck of the woods for a couple of months now. We haven’t eaten there since and drastically dialed back our on the economy meals.

At least they still had the chicken

Fast food makes my stomach churn and my wallet hurt. Rather skip lunch. Been called a caveman more than once and I'm sure they missed a meal or two.

I love fast food, slow food, gasoline, household goods, hair care products, oh man, I feel a sneeze coming on, ahhh… bi…… whew. Ahhh, bi….

Chooooo! Oh man, what a mess.

I have a part time gig at the mountain in Steamboat Spings during ski season just for something to do on crappy ski days and to buy av gas in the rest of the year. Two years ago, $13/hour. This year, $15.75. Next year, $20. If I didn’t have a place there, I’d be sleeping on the sidewalk since real estate has doubled in the past two years.

Only two fast food places in town, Taco Bell and McD. Hardly ever visit but McD prices seem going up faster than the the Bell but not my thing so no big deal.

Worst place ever for robots is so-called “chat” with an algorithm for so-called “Customer Sevice”.

Cheers

I don’t eat a chain restaurants. My wife packs of lunch when we go on trips. Find a nice place with a picnic table or eat on the go if we’re pressed for time.

I tried the whopper melt last week. Very tasty but potion was so small. I had to get another burger with it lol.

My wife keeps up with prices of groceries pretty well (thank goodness for me). She said milk that was a little over $2/gal this time last year is now $3.59. Eggs (which we eat a lot of) were ~$1.19 per 18 about 6 months ago - they're now pushing $3 I think she said. And we don't get the high-falutin' 'super soy extra vitamin zero-dairy' milk or 'free-range never heard a swear word pampered chicken' eggs either - these are prices for store brand (Kroger) stuff.

Based on what I'm hearing from farmers in the midwest, it's only going to be worse this time next year. Input prices have doubled from what they were last year, so as the markets are purchasing feed grain in today's market for next year's herd, get ready for $30/lb ground beef and $15/lb chicken legs.

If you really want some fun research - go dig into the how prices of inputs correlates to the consumer retail prices yet how the commodity prices (price paid to the actual grower) don't follow along accordingly. Head scratcher for sure, right?

@CJones i was just going to say . . . The farmers aren’t getting much of that increase.

Over the years, I have toyed with the idea of moving back to Iowa and starting a small farm... $11k/ac farmland + $80k 30 year-old tractors + $1k/ton Nitrogen + unpubli$hed seed prices + $5/gal ag diesel to grow $12 beans and $7 corn... Maybe I'll wait a while longer.

I am worried about the impending shock from the fertilizer shortage. I am not in the agriculture business, so someone please school me if my fears are not justified.

And after 15 years Little Caesar’s raised the price of their $5 pepperoni pizza 55 cents and tried to justify the increase by putting on 20 cents more pepperoni. The world is coming to an end.

Good god man, I just checked. A single Whopper, no cheese, is $8.19.

At some point, too much is too much.

Back