Front fell off…with happy ending

texasclouds

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
I’m both happy and sad. Bank account is taking a hit. 1200 hrs smoh in 2005. Was hoping it would last longer, but she was making metal. I am excited to break her in and get that warm fuzzy feeling flying behind a fresh ICE. Airworx Aircraft in AL is doing the engine work for me. Certified rebuild.

0B78D92F-0AE7-4DA9-962C-9EDC37F6304E.jpeg B6506221-C209-4AB3-AB60-8F65612A364A.jpeg 853F67A2-6C72-4E57-BB28-B222AA31565B.jpeg

How long you gonna be planeless for?

Document your journey ;)

I hope you double checked the insurance on whoever is transporting it. Especially on the way back.

You might make it. He turned around the iran on my 540 in a week. I assume he's overhauling your cylinders?

You might make it. He turned around the iran on my 540 in a week. I assume he's overhauling your cylinders?

Quote is everything overhauled to new/overhaul limits as far as engine parts. New cylinders , New spark plugs new harness and overhauled accessories.

You got your plane back yet?
No. Every week seems to bring another delay. They had a problem with the magneto, so it's going out & should be back next week. Coming up on 3 months but a month of that was waiting on the prop.

No. Every week seems to bring another delay. They had a problem with the magneto, so it's going out & should be back next week. Coming up on 3 months but a month of that was waiting on the prop.
If it makes you feel any better Hartzell took 3 attempts to not send me a 3 blade spinner for my 2 blade prop.

That’s aspalling.

Well, still waiting. Engine parts are in, waiting on accessories then assembly. Was hoping to have engine by end of July, but now hopefully this month. I’m getting tired of waiting. Only good news is that I’m missing out on super high fuel prices and the hottest summer in a LONG time. I did get a hangar upgrade at my field. New one will have a door instead of open front. That should keep my fresh engine looking purdy. Hopefully I remember how to land it!

Back