the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

What was that car that Oprah gave away?

Does anyone else get Confederate Memorial Day off tomorrow?

It is an optional holiday Texas. Government offices remain open but employees may take the day off.

I made a lot of pivot tables today. Probably would have been more efficient with PowerBI slicers. Hard to get the old dog to use his new tricks.

I made a lot of pivot tables today. Probably would have been more efficient with PowerBI slicers. Hard to get the old dog to use his new tricks.
I've been pivoting tables all week.
Learn PowerQuery / PowerBI and you'll be amazed at the sheer power and elegance!

Listened to two engineers debate the merits of authoritative vs non-authoritative domains, and the downstream impacts on redirects, bookmarks, cnames/sub-domains, dns replication and TTLs and managed to not stab an eye out. It appears when part of your infrastructure is hosted on Core 2 duos, you have some trade-offs to make.

Payroll score of $1000, not including my time since I was already in OT and that’s free to the company.

I made my first batch of Chicken n' Dumplins. It was the best Chicken n' Dumplins I ever had. Sorry, but I ate all of the evidence.

Not sorry.

while searching to see if PoA has a dark mode option, I found this.....who knew one check box had this much power mmmwwwahahahaha

upload_2022-5-14_10-33-32.png

10 years ago today, my husband said he wasn't feeling well, left work early, came home, laid down for a nap, and passed away in his sleep.

Listened to two engineers debate the merits of authoritative vs non-authoritative domains, and the downstream impacts on redirects, bookmarks, cnames/sub-domains, dns replication and TTLs and managed to not stab an eye out. It appears when part of your infrastructure is hosted on Core 2 duos, you have some trade-offs to make.

Payroll score of $1000, not including my time since I was already in OT and that’s free to the company.
Can ya run that by us in English

Sorry for your loss - prayers for you on this day of remembrance.

I've been pivoting tables all week.
Learn PowerQuery / PowerBI and you'll be amazed at the sheer power and elegance!

Our policy prohibits that and forces us to Tableau for desktop for any data visualization, which is stupid. You give me the option to download a .csv and view the raw data in excel but anything other than tabular data has to be run through software that 1) very few licenses exist for and 2) I have to learn.

Stupid policy.

10 years ago today, my husband said he wasn't feeling well, left work early, came home, laid down for a nap, and passed away in his sleep.

So sorry to hear of this, may you remember the good times.

Do we have a “people are stupid” thread?

b07726137908b500fdc9875d42b83e72.jpg

Finished planting today. Meant to take a picture in the field but I forgot.

Airplane is finished, just need to figure out the logistics of getting down there. I can finally look forward to summer.

20220520_194507.jpg

Airplane is finished, just need to figure out the logistics of getting down there. I can finally look forward to summer.

View attachment 106994

If you can get yourself to north charlotte I’ll gladly give u a ride to the south side of charlotte.

View attachment 106994
I’ve got access to a J3 cub… let’s do this at 800 AGL and 80 MPH!

When the tractor makes the forklift look like a toy forklift, then you have a pretty good sized tractor...

In other news… on this day 4 years ago, I was on a business trip to Mexico City via KIAH (United) when storms blocked our path. We were diverted to KHOU and parked on Signature’s ramp for an hour. We weren’t allowed off the plane and didn’t get any cookies. 2 stars

But here’s a rather amusing photo of some guy guiding us in. I’m not entirely sure if he was a ramp guy or not… it kind of looks like he’s saying “hey buddy, you can’t park that thing here!”

E8EFC35F-D24F-48AD-9535-B0B26AF637C9.jpeg

There were 3 or 4 other UAL 737s that went in with us.

Corn? Or Soy Beans?

First time I’ve encountered some scary invisible weather. I am cruising along at 110 kts over the ground in the Mooney when I hear the airspeed pickup. I am passing under a low cloud but no precip. For about two minutes, IAS rises from 130 to 160, and ground speed rises to 140 (thankyouverymuch for this brief respite from Cezzna speeds). But it was bizarre checking all the engine instruments and seeing no change outside of the autopilot nosing down, and outside no change from the last hour.

Well, it finally happened. I got the dreaded C-virus.

So far I’m unimpressed. I’ve had hangover this bad, to be honest. That said, I wouldn’t willingly do either again.

Well, it finally happened. I got the dreaded C-virus.

So far I’m unimpressed. I’ve had hangover this bad, to be honest. That said, I wouldn’t willingly do either again.

take care.

I have it right now too. If I had these symptoms 5 years ago, it would have been a big nothing-burger. I've had worse cases of the common cold.

Back