Emerald Isle area GA?

Sundancer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Sundog
Back on POA after a few years hiatus - I've relocated to NC, on the coast near Emerald Isle. Getting re-current, looking for clubs/partnerships after a very good run with an equity club in the MD 'burbs of DC. Started back in now, renting a Cirrus SR20, but that's not the airplane I want to continue in going forward. Any of you folks familiar with this area and have some insight?

Info on Emerald Isle area or Maryland?

I stayed down there every summer until after college, so I know the area well

I’m sure you know the entire area is dominated by military airspace, but enough Alert areas to be able to fly through. The only airport options are Beaufort or New Bern. I’ve flown into both and they are reasonable. Transportation is probably a little easier from New Bern because they have a few commercial flights a day and therefore rental cars. If you will be flying often, Beaufort would be the best to park a local car.

there are a couple of small private fields in the area. You might look them up and discuss with the owner if they’d be willing to allow you to land there.

Back on POA after a few years hiatus - I've relocated to NC, on the coast near Emerald Isle. Getting re-current, looking for clubs/partnerships after a very good run with an equity club in the MD 'burbs of DC. Started back in now, renting a Cirrus SR20, but that's not the airplane I want to continue in going forward. Any of you folks familiar with this area and have some insight?
Know the area well. Been in New Bern for a Few decades. Keep my plane at KEWN. I hope that you enjoy the Sound of Freedom as we have plenty and are going to get more soon.

Know the area well. Been in New Bern for a Few decades. Keep my plane at KEWN. I hope that you enjoy the Sound of Freedom as we have plenty and are going to get more soon.
I'm fine with the the noise - I'm in Stella, so I hear the artillery, and have a family member who is a noisy Naval Aviator, too. Is there hangar space available at KEWN, or GA tie-downs? Are there many active GA guys there? I'm looking for a club or partnership, or failing that, to buy an airplane and have a place to put it. . .I'll drive up there end of the week - any info you can pass along would be great!

Back