Logging SIC time

Mjg2011

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mjg2011
Where can I see if the plane I'm flying requires more than one crew member. I need to log total time but do not know if the job I can legally log SIC time. The aircraft is the SAAB 340B.

Well, one place is the TCDS. It's a two-pilot airplane. It also requires a type rating.

I would imagine you could log SIC even if you were with someone who was single pilot typed.

If that even exists for a 340.

Never heard of a S340 single pilot, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. The big question is are you typed, what part is the flying under, and can you log PIC for certain purposes.

If you’ve received your type rating in the 340 shouldn’t you know this information?

If he's acting as an SIC within the US only, outside of a 121 operation, he wouldn't need to be type rated.

If you’ve received your type rating in the 340 shouldn’t you know this information?
Read the question before you respond; did he say he had a type rating? No. Was he asking about logging SIC time in a Saab? Yes. Your posted response is idiotic.

Read the question before you respond; did he say he had a type rating? No. Was he asking about logging SIC time in a Saab? Yes. Your posted response is idiotic.

If you’re looking for criticism of posts that you perceive as idiotic, you need to pull up a chair and pour some fresh coffee. You have a busy weekend ahead of you.

If you’re looking for criticism of posts that you perceive as idiotic, you need to pull up a chair and pour some fresh coffee. You have a busy weekend ahead of you.
Whatever…. I was just pointing out that your earlier question had absolutely no relevance to the topic being discussed; actually reading and understanding the original question would have helped.

Whatever…. I was just pointing out that your earlier question had absolutely no relevance to the topic being discussed; actually reading and understanding the original question would have helped.

was it such a misread that it required a heavy dose of dooshbaggery to point that out? me thinks not, but good for you, let it all out.

Amen. Check the LIMITATIONS section 1 under "Minimum crew."
Mine’s under “occupancy Limits,” but still in the Limitations section.

Sometimes I feel like a kindergarten teacher at work, reading the AFM aloud and showing pictures.

Last edited:
So the question that remains in my mind is what training did the OP get toward being an SIC? Air carrier training should have included the answer in the syllabus.

If it’s Part 91, well, I’ll ask the same question I asked an applicant before I told him the time didn’t count…Did you log the training received under 61.55?

edit…most of the 61.55 stuff doesn’t actually require training, but it does need to be done and it does need to be logged.

Last edited:
was it such a misread that it required a heavy dose of dooshbaggery to point that out? me thinks not, but good for you, let it all out.
Yes, it was. RGB Rusty answered the original posters question with another question that had absolutely no relevance AT ALL to the original question, yet I’m the douchebag? Again, whatever…

Yes, it was. RGB Rusty answered the original posters question with another question that had absolutely no relevance AT ALL to the original question, yet I’m the douchebag? Again, whatever…

I don't disagree his point was not relevant. that still doesn't classify his response as being a dooshbag, but your reply was full of unnecessary dooshbaggery.

Back