Daily Pic

PS, the pic up thread with the blue 172 was taken this weekend when I was out at L90, Ocotillo Wells. I should have added that

They got the plugs cleaned up in the Cezzna, so I shot some approaches in it today. The DME failed:rolleyes:, leaving me with a couple crusty navs and a questionable ADF.
20220504_084627.jpg

Stopped for gas at DNV. Mama Robin picked probably the worst spot on the airport for her nest. I used the other ladder. Oddly BIRDS INVOF APT was NOT listed in the notices to airpeoples.

20220504_095435.jpg

Mama Robin picked probably the worst spot on the airport for her nest. I used the other ladder. Oddly BIRDS INVOF APT was NOT listed in the notices to airpeoples.

Tells you how long that ladder has remained untouched. Do you trust the fuel at that pump?

Tells you how long that ladder has remained untouched. Do you trust the fuel at that pump?
You're not wrong, but I do trust them. The whole system is only a couple years old. I probably get half my gas there as they're always at least $2 less than CMI, and it's not uncommon for there to be multiple planes there for fuel. There are two ladders, so I like to think all the other pilots are as soft-hearted as I am.

And yes, I always sump the tanks...trust but verify....

ETA: These are the guys who run the FBO & SS fuel: http://midwestaero.com/site/Midwest_Aero_Restorations,_Ltd.html
If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop in and ask to take a look in the shop. Four Mustangs and a ME-109 in there currently....

Where’s the real plane?
Still in GA :(

They got her all back together and she wouldn't start. Traced it back to the magneto, so now it's going out. Maybe next week... stay tuned...

Still in GA :(

They got her all back together and she wouldn't start. Traced it back to the magneto, so now it's going out. Maybe next week... stay tuned...
So, keeping us guessing for breakfast next Saturday? Good luck with the mags.

Balloon on FF.
Seems to be Google Project X balloon that was part of Loon project...cancelled a year ago...a project that was to supply internet via high altitude balloons. I guess the balloons are there for a while. At 10 kts groundspeed you can track this thing a while.

Attachments

• A0FEE7A1-C42F-4F80-BA01-A99CDF267909.png
    A0FEE7A1-C42F-4F80-BA01-A99CDF267909.png
    962.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Balloon on FF.
Seems to be Google Project X balloon that was part of Loon project...cancelled a year ago...a project that was to supply internet via high altitude balloons. I guess the balloons are there for a while. At 10 kts groundspeed you can track this thing a while.

that's very interesting but for some reason now I want to go to MTV for lunch.

One too many aborted take offs.
15b144e02ad42781841556c889f96810.jpg

936a0b8650a2a32ae8529c1385fa14b1.jpg

A flight to the northern edge of Washington State along the Canadian Border to the residential airport at Lynden, WA.

Mount Baker above Fire Mountain
HwbSJBJl.jpg

Runway at Lynden is sandwiched between houses:
vfjOMcKl.jpg

Sunset over the Mount Baker in the Cascades on my way home
lwK0n0kl.jpg
That's my neck of the woods. Hard to believe Lynden used to have a grass strip that ran North and South as well.

Back in the day. Guessing either W-291 of San Diego or Puerto Rican Ops Area as we spent a lot of time playing Red Air against the fleet in those two areas.

We usually carried an AST-6 pod as well as our normal ALQ-99 pods (plus a couple drops) so we jam with the 99's and emit a radar seeker like an Exocet with the AST-6. The AST-6 was limited to 500 knots so not quite as fast as the Exocet but at 200 AGL made for fun flying.

JtZXASh.jpg

Back