Gaston’s Oct. 14-16, 2022 - Lakeview, AR (3M0 (zero!))

Which weekends can you attend in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not this time. Attending a wedding that weekend.
Well, Oct. 7 and 14 are tied thus far. Winner as of ~9 AM tomorrow is the weekend I call in. Unless they are sold out already, then first runner up. If they are still tied, best availability wins.

Vote for Oct 14.
Vote early, vote often…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are booked. Person that handles the groups is out but give them a call and just tell them to put PoA on your reservation and they will put us together.

Hmm. Should be able to swing it this year. Not totally sure I'll have the ol' Skylane replaced by then, but let's hope so.

I'd ask Bry for another ride, but I don't think Eren would appreciate the way he touches me in the turb.

Hmm. Should be able to swing it this year. Not totally sure I'll have the ol' Skylane replaced by then, but let's hope so.

I'd ask Bry for another ride, but I don't think Eren would appreciate the way he touches me in the turb.

In my defense, That's my default arm space when it gets rough.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Ugh. Forgot to make my booking. On the todo list for tomorrow.
What time Friday does everyone typically roll in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. Forgot to make my booking. On the todo list for tomorrow.
What time Friday does everyone typically roll in?
Check in time is 3 pm but I’ve been there as early as noon without a problem.

Room booked. I said I was with POA and preferred to be in rooms in the same area. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got my booking done for my wife and I!

Gaston's 6/25. Pool area about re done. Looks nice. Not sure what the building in the pool area is going to be? Bar/ Restaurant ?

Gastons1.jpg Gastons2.jpg Gastons3.jpg

I think it closes for the season before we typically appear. And, it has never been a very tempting pool, cleanliness-wise.

I've been in the pool when we used to go there in June and it was as clean as any other hotel pool. Definitely cleaner than Kamp Komfort.

Greg, going to Gastons ?
Going to OSH? (I will pack some extra bolgna).

Heading to Oshkosh Saturday morning

Greg, you know where to find me....but I am leaving Wednesday.

(October is too far away.....but Gastons is just so close :confused::confused:).

I will have to see how my work travel schedule works out. Would probably be flying into KBPK. Mooney and grass is not the best combination (gear doors and prop clearance).

I will have to see how my work travel schedule works out. Would probably be flying into KBPK. Mooney and grass is not the best combination (gear doors and prop clearance).

Yeah, mooneys on grass, pfffftt….

Gaston’s will send a van to pickup and drop off at KBPK. And it’s a great airport with nice FBO (Big Air) though the fuel prices are on the high side.

On the Mooney side of things, I’ve been in there with mine, and seen many other makes and models. The Gaston’s runway and parking are smoother than Oshkosh. That said, your plane and your limits - you’ll have a good time basing at either airport.

New to me plane. Don’t want to muck anything up. But who knows by then. :D

If others in Mooneys are going in, it helps change my mind

New to me plane. Don’t want to muck anything up. But who knows by then. :D

If others in Mooneys are going in, it helps change my mind

There's been at least 5 from this board that have been in there with Mooneys, if I remember correctly.
C through K models I believe.

the one thing that gets me is the supposed dip in the runway. I wish it was marked out so I knew where to brace and clench the buttox.

the one thing that gets me is the supposed dip in the runway. I wish it was marked out so I knew where to brace and clench the buttox.

Unless you're gonna go off the end of the runway when landing 24, it's not a concern. You should be slowed down to walking speed, or stopped if you wanted, by then. If you look at Google maps you can see a "splotch" by some the second set of white markers. That's the dip.

2 months to go bump. Reminder to book your room if you haven’t already.

Unless you're gonna go off the end of the runway when landing 24, it's not a concern. You should be slowed down to walking speed, or stopped if you wanted, by then. If you look at Google maps you can see a "splotch" by some the second set of white markers. That's the dip.

f82933b8650b6e58583a4f5cbbe07146.jpg

Is this the bump?

I don't remember a bump... might not have hit it in the Arrow.

From last year...

Never noticed the bump on landing. To Ed’s point, you are taxiing at that point. On takeoff it will pop you up, and that’s the perfect time to hang into ground effect on your soft field take -off.

Wait! I didn't think there was a dip. I thought there was a Whoopiedoo in the middle of the runway that tried to launch you early if you weren't a Grumman that takes off prior to said Whoopiedoo.
This is going to be disappointing in the Comanche I was explicitly told I would hit a Whoopiedoo and make sure I didn't let that give me a false sense that the plane is ready to fly.

The hump, or whatever is on the north side of the runway. You gotta be pretty far off center line to hit it. There's is/was an old Gaston's video of Michael Driggs taking off in his Mooney and he goes airborne a bit prematurely, but he wasn't on center line.

as a 50% representative of your subscriber base, I'd like to say I enjoy your videos.
I appreciate it! Like and Subscribe as they say! Most of my videos are unlisted and I've now been toying with the idea of making more of them public. As you can tell, my goal is to put as little effort into them as possible while sharing some of my favorite moments.

Oh and I just checked - bad news friend... you've been diluted to only a 33% representative.

I appreciate it! Like and Subscribe as they say! Most of my videos are unlisted and I've now been toying with the idea of making more of them public. As you can tell, my goal is to put as little effort into them as possible while sharing some of my favorite moments.

Oh and I just checked - bad news friend... you've been diluted to only a 33% representative.

it's for the better!

Back