For Sale SkyRadar-D Dual Band Receiver

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
Selling this on behalf of a person who can no longer fly.

Tested it this evening using WingX and works perfectly

This model does not have AHRS

$150 shipped anywhere in CONUS

Attachments

• Sky1.JPG
    Sky1.JPG
    370.7 KB · Views: 49
Will this work with other flight planning apps?Thanks Ron

I have this and it works great with many apps. I use WingXPro.

I have one of these and although older it works very well. I also have various other ADS-B in receivers. Stratux Levil, etc. Some with AHRS. The Skyradar unit works better than most (if not all) of them. The downside (in some cases it's an advantage) is you need a 12VDC cigar plug in and the GPS antenna is also corded. The newer units seem to have built in batteries or USB power. The antennae on the Skyradar seem to do a better job of picking up traffic than some of the others. I used it with FlyQ. The ADS-B antenna and corded GPS antenna can be advantageous to optimize reception but you have to deal with the cords. I believe they also make remote antennae for the ADS-B in to optimize reception. I didn't see any advantage to the remote antennae as the reception is quite good as is.

Will it work with Flight Plan go? Thanks

Will it work with Flight Plan go? Thanks
Download the app and tried all the various options and couldn’t get it to work with FPG , maybe i missed something

Selling this on behalf of a person who can no longer fly.

Tested it this evening using WingX and works perfectly

This model does not have AHRS

$150 shipped anywhere in CONUS
Is it still available?

Sale is pending but if that falls thru, you will be next

Please send me details,It might work for me.Thanks Ron

I have a single band unit....$50 if any one is interested.
Hmm, might be interested in that myself.
Does it also require the cigarette light for power, or can I substitute a USB to whatever cord? One of the planes I train in has the 12 VDC lighter outlet, the other one doesn't.

I use Avare, Android, on a Samsung Tablet.

Definitely interested though!

12V cig power.....do they make an adapter for the USB ?
Hmm, might be interested in that myself.
Does it also require the cigarette light for power, or can I substitute a USB to whatever cord? One of the planes I train in has the 12 VDC lighter outlet, the other one doesn't.

I use Avare, Android, on a Samsung Tablet.

Definitely interested though!

12V cig power.....do they make an adapter for the USB ?

The power cord appears to be a BNC Connector (or similar). I don't think that there is a step-up voltage device to go from the 5VDC USB port to the required 12 VDC the cigarette lighter would offer.

The plane I fly most often does not have the cigarette lighter. I guess sometime between 1967 when it was built and when I started taking lessons this year they decided Garmin dual-USB outlets would provide better choices for the student.

Rats. I was hoping the single-band unit might be set up differently.

EDIT - Hold up. I just started going through the pictures I took of both 172H instrument panels! (I took pictures to aid in memorizing layout and green bands). It appears that there is a rather rusty looking cigarette lighter over on the instructor's side. I will contact him and see if it works. No wonder I never noticed it, its way down by his knee. The other plane has two shiny 12 VDC outlets.

Last edited:
Sorry been busy but the unit has been sold

Back