Flight Schools

Frederick Freeman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
fjames2369
Does anyone have a recommendation for flight schools. Especially place with good weather. Also what was your experience if you attended the school? I am looking to complete all of my ratings from PPL to Multi. So really and part 141, where I can be fully involved. Location wise and place with good weather, so Arizona, Texas, or Florida.

What schools should be avoided?
Thank you.

Last edited:
See my IR finish up, went to Double eagle now at Ryan field outside Tucson specifically because of weather. Much less contention for ILS and VORs in Tucson vs. Phoenix where you have 4 schools all via for the same IR resources.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a recommendation for flight schools. Especially place with good weather. Also what was your experience if you attended the school?

What schools should be avoided
What training(s) do you need?

What training(s) do you need?
I am looking for a part 141 school. I want to do the zero to multi.
Location wise, I hear Arizona, Texas, and Florida are good. I want to go from quiting Mt job to full-time training and getting all my ratings.

Last edited:
Aeropro. I run it, so can’t trust my opinion!

We are kinda new. Hoping to get 141 certified later this month.

Have a couple 172s. Working on getting another which will be upgraded to full glass and tech advanced.

Have a twin, neat old Apache, about to come out of a full restoration.

Need any instructors? :D I'm up in Loxley. How is it with the tower down there now? It wasn't even under construction the last time I flew in.

Definitely come see me!

The tower isn’t too bad, good guys, well experienced, but still learning how to deal with this situation. It’s probably quite a bit better. It’s the second busiest airport in the state... must have been quite the zoo before!

Scary, but ALL they got up there is binoculars! That’s it. No flight aware, no adsb type feeds, no radar, NOTHING.

Because I am going to go through the financial options.

Paying a lot more than you would at a 61 school isn’t going to fix that. Adjust your spending, maybe save up and hold off on flight training for a while, and then pay as you go at a Part 61 for quite a bit less. Taking out a loan will jack the price up even more over time.

Depending on location, the cost difference between part 61 and part 141 isnt what it used to be. Still wouldn't recommend loans to pay for training, though. Maybe if one were using VA benefits for everything after PPL.

Last edited:
I am looking for a part 141 school. I want to do the zero to multi.
Location wise, I hear Arizona, Texas, and Florida are good. I want to go from quiting Mt job to full-time training and getting all my ratings.

Well, I am training in Central Texas. I have to carefully plan my training days due to windy conditions about half the year. And not just any winds, but gusty, cantankerous cross winds. The flight school I am at has weather bounds.

Back