Plane&Pilot June 2022

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I got the cover and a few shots inside! When I was a kid, I remember reading (looking at the photos) in Plane&Pilot, which makes this even more special for me!

52035691673_122eb537ac_c.jpg

52036162440_98db67f335_b.jpg

Cool! And not cast a shadow on your work, but now I wanna read about the pilot who rolled a 707. LOL.

Last edited:
While not quite the same, when I worked at Boeing Commercial Flight Test in the early 80’s, I remember doing Mach/Buffet testing in a 747 at 3000 ft over Lake Washington. Nothing like doing 360 degree turns at 60 degs of bank in a 747 over the lake! Fun times!

Mach buffet testing at 3000 feet?

Mach buffet testing at 3000 feet?

yep. We resequenced the flap/LE settings on the 747 and had to go up in Boeing’s test bed RA-001 to test out the low speed buffet. After a couple of turns, Dale Rantz, the Chief Test Pilot, turned around in the middle of the third turn to the left and asked if we had seen enough, as he rolled us into a 60 deg bank to the right. Dude was one smooth pilot.

Last edited:
I got the cover and a few shots inside! When I was a kid, I remember reading (looking at the photos) in Plane&Pilot, which makes this even more special for me!

Congratulations!

My only question is, shouldn't the June issue be coming in June, and not in April?

Back