Gaston’s Oct. 14-16, 2022 - Lakeview, AR (3M0 (zero!))

Which weekends can you attend in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

masloki

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Nunya
Signup Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t67VEbA9rWfgBz5aqNAWRwKXTw/edit#gid=575655059

Hey all. Like Monty Python taught me, Gaston’s isn’t dead yet. A few of us showed last year and had a hoot of a time (@Jim K and @kaiser). We are alll looking forward to going back and helping @crash7 use his credit from last year ;) As noted, they don’t have the bestest cancellation policy (check Gaston’s for the details as the options have changed) but they will credit you for a future stay if you can’t make it.

If you haven’t been, you are missing out. And if it has been a while, come on back! If we get enough interest, we will book a lodge room so we can see each other even after the sun sets. This may or may not prevent @SixPapaCharlie and @OkieFlyer from claiming it was turbulence that caused their cuddling.

Nearest paved airport is KBPK and they will send a van for pickups and drops as needed.

Pics from last year
White River
3BF74F31-3A54-42AE-808D-1793AF2811D7.jpeg

Runway
4E803954-E9E1-4B71-95DF-3227B121A492.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have a preference on weekend but I chose the latest one just because I know 6Y9 is sometime in September and so probably spacing it out makes it less complicated for people who might be able to attend both.

Eren and I will plan to attend Gaston's.

When would it be? I’ve heard y’all talking about it and sounded fun. My wife thought it looked like a cool place too so bonus. Only a little farther than Rough River for me.
October - place your vote for the best weekend(s).

I'm in. I can be there any weekend. I'll lock it in (and maybe even reserve a room right away) once we have a firm date.

I'm going to say 6y9 is typically early Sept? (not that I've ever been - but I want to this year!!) So spacing should be ok.

Last date won't work for me, but the first two should be good.. I can try to keep my record of never making any POA fly-in intact.

Hoping to make it this year. Weekend of 8th-9th is my daughter’s 18th birthday. Probably shouldn’t miss that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6y9 is Labor Day weekend; Sept. 3-5 this year.

I'm in... assuming I'm not chasing combine tires across the field again.

I feel compelled to post this video that @masloki captured last year (turn the sound up...):

Don't worry... it's unlisted so I won't make any money off it....

Earlier is likely better for me with planting being delayed, so I'm going to vote that way, but I know crash is on the clock, so it's important we make it work for him.

Definitely out the first weekend. I voted for the last weekend, but could probably swing the middle week.

Earlier is likely better for me with planting being delayed, so I'm going to vote that way, but I know crash is on the clock, so it's important we make it work for him.

I think last year was mid-November. So, my deposit should be good until mid-November of this year. She said they’d keep it “a year”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel compelled to post this video that @masloki captured last year (turn the sound up...):

@masloki does produce some nice takeoff videos!!

@masloki does produce some nice takeoff videos!!

Cool! hadn't seen that one. The Arrow seems to have better stol qualities than the Arrow Grande. The 540 sounds better though:cool:

Cool! hadn't seen that one. The Arrow seems to have better stol qualities than the Arrow Grande. The 540 sounds better though:cool:
I can't, and won't argue with that.

Did you clear the hill? When I took off it was cool (CHTs) enough I tried to clear the hill. I didn't make it. Maybe another 50' I would have.

Did you clear the hill? When I took off it was cool (CHTs) enough I tried to clear the hill. I didn't make it. Maybe another 50' I would have.
There was a hill?

Monitoring thread.... several moving pieces of life prevent committing at this time.

I liked and subscribed (#3!)

Any of these might actually be doable...

Nauga,
and the Rick and Morty meme he didn't post

Might have a commitment Columbus day weekend, otherwise I'd be ok. Following!

OK, I'm in 1st or third weekend, out the second.

I guess we are open for any of the weekends at this point.

Soooooo you’re dead?

I don't have a preference on weekend but I chose the latest one just because I know 6Y9 is sometime in September and so probably spacing it out makes it less complicated for people who might be able to attend both.

We're unlikely to attend (and thus I won't vote), but I'd agree with Bryan's statement. Spacing it out makes it easier for people to attend.

I am Un voting because I didn't realize how early in Sept. 6y9 is. I don't care which weekend.

#MoreFly-ins

Where to?
Yet to be determined.... But I'm lobbying somewhere for somewhere fun, interesting, and we're not going there all the time for BBQ.

(while the H8 @SEP is good, more variety is a good thing)

I’d like to go, but it all depends on the weekend and what else is going on

Last call for votes. I will give them a call tomorrow and put in our group rez. Last year…waiting to book meant they sold out so it will be better to lock in now.

Chicago style - multiple votes welcome.

I was gonna vote just for funsies. you guys do sat-mon?

I’ll do fri-mon on the first weekend. But no, those should be fri-> sun weekends and I done screwed up.

Back