Tesla Autopilot vs. Cirrus Jet

I can't remember if summon works through the phone and car's cellular data connection or if it's through Bluetooth. I know that one of the complaints about the feature is that you have to be relatively close to the car but that still seems like it might be out of Bluetooth range.
I was wondering what was being used to control the car. As an owner, I suppose you'd know if WiFi was a possibility.

The distance is 6 meters? Unless people parked close to you so it is difficult getting back into the car, I don't see the use of this feature as I should be able to walk about 20 feet.
https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/is_is/GUID-6B9A1AEA-579C-400E-A7A6-E4916BCD5DED.html
Smart Summon works with the Tesla mobile app when your phone is located within approximately 6 meters of Model Y.

This statement suggests it uses cellular data:
Smart Summon's performance depends on the ultrasonic sensors, the visibility of the cameras, and the availability of an adequate cellular signal and GPS data.

Very simply, too many apps running or too much data stored. More likely the phone than the car, unless there's a "memory leak" on one of the car's programs.
One would hope that the car stops if it isn't receiving a nearly constant signal indicating that the summons button is being held on the phone. The manual says that the car will stop if, "Your phone enters sleep mode or loses connectivity to Model (3/Y)"

The distance is 6 meters? Unless people parked close to you so it is difficult getting back into the car, I don't see the use of this feature as I should be able to walk about 20 feet.
This statement suggests it uses cellular data:
The cellular data would be for maps data. The 6 meters suggests Bluetooth, which would have good range outdoors with no walls in between. But, I don't know. I didn't pay for FSD so don't have the feature (which, at this point, seems pretty useless to me).

You have to be an f'ng moron to auto summons a car on the ramp of an airport. Dumber than dirt. I suspect the users agreement from Tesla states as much.

The cellular data would be for maps data. The 6 meters suggests Bluetooth, which would have good range outdoors with no walls in between. But, I don't know. I didn't pay for FSD so don't have the feature (which, at this point, seems pretty useless to me).
You may be right- I was thinking the same thing as you. At that range, other things than cellular data might work.

I still don't get the need for GPS data, given 6 meters, about 20 feet, defines a circle that I would consider my most probable position with most consumer GPS, given reflections of the signals off other objects. Assuming the feature works in a parking garage, I often don't get a GPS signal in those.
Smart Summon's performance depends on the ultrasonic sensors, the visibility of the cameras, and the availability of an adequate cellular signal and GPS data.

I still don't get the need for GPS data, given 6 meters, about 20 feet, defines a circle that I would consider my most probable position with most consumer GPS, given reflections of the signals off other objects. Assuming the feature works in a parking garage, I often don't get a GPS signal in those.
I don't know how it works but it seems to me that it needs the GPS position of both itself (the car) and the summoner (phone). It needs data to be able to download the map data as summon won't drive on public streets.

I don't know how it works but it seems to me that it needs the GPS position of both itself (the car) and the summoner (phone). It needs data to be able to download the map data as summon won't drive on public streets.
I think the last part about driving on public streets is the key. The resolution of consumer grade GPS is roughly 6 meters, the range listed for summoning. Thanks for your insight!

Back