List for a SI

I think there are more possible SI’s than what is on that list.

I think drugs and alcohol go without saying. Found anther list that is the CACI recommendation that pretty much mirrors this one.

Guess what I am looking for is a list of conditions that would trigger one to go get third class with an SI while on Basic Med to be legal - which may not exist at this time.

I think drugs and alcohol go without saying. Found anther list that is the CACI recommendation that pretty much mirrors this one.

Guess what I am looking for is a list of conditions that would trigger one to go get third class with an SI while on Basic Med to be legal - which may not exist at this time.
That exists for sure. It is limited to (by law):

Medical Conditions Requiring One Special Issuance Before Operating under BasicMed
  • A mental health disorder, limited to an established medical history or clinical diagnosis of—
    • A personality disorder that is severe enough to have repeatedly manifested itself by overt acts;
    • A psychosis, defined as a case in which an individual —
      • Has manifested delusions, hallucinations, grossly bizarre or disorganized behavior, or other commonly accepted symptoms of psychosis; or
      • May reasonably be expected to manifest delusions, hallucinations, grossly bizarre or disorganized behavior, or other commonly accepted symptoms of psychosis;
    • A bipolar disorder; or
    • A substance dependence within the previous 2 years, as defined in §67.307(a)(4) of 14 Code of Federal Regulations
  • A neurological disorder, limited to an established medical history or clinical diagnosis of any of the following:
    • Epilepsy;
    • Disturbance of consciousness without satisfactory medical explanation of the cause; or
    • A transient loss of control of nervous system functions without satisfactory medical explanation of the cause.
  • A cardiovascular condition, limited to a one-time special issuance for each diagnosis of the following:
    • Myocardial infarction;
    • Coronary heart disease that has required treatment;
    • Cardiac valve replacement; or
    • Heart replacement.

So anything outside of what is listed above does not require going back and re-applying for a third class, obtaining an SI, then going back to Basic Med - correct?

So anything outside of what is listed above does not require going back and re-applying for a third class, obtaining an SI, then going back to Basic Med - correct?
Absolutely. It's "Limited to" that list by law.

There are many other maladies that you might want to talk to a doctor about before flying, just not the FAA's doctors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back