Uber from fond du lac?

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
It'll be my first trip to Oshkosh and I have accommodations in Fond du Lac. Trying to decide whether to get a rental or just Uber. Is Uber realistic?

With the rates they are showing today it'll be cheaper to Uber even without paying the parking fee.

It'll be my first trip to Oshkosh and I have accommodations in Fond du Lac. Trying to decide whether to get a rental or just Uber. Is Uber realistic?

With the rates they are showing today it'll be cheaper to Uber even without paying the parking fee.

Rates with Uber vary wildly based on time and demand. And I would expect them to go up around OSH. When I was in San Diego in January, I arrived on a Sunday night. Went to get an Uber, and it was like 18 bucks from SAN to Gaslamp. But my card was expired in the app. By the time I updated the card info, everyone else that had checked baggage was now requesting their Ubers, and the price went to $70. But no was was using black or X, and I got it for like $30. The return trip in the middle of the afternoon was like $14.

If Uber tries to give you surge pricing make sure you check Lyft's prices.

Yes, the bus service, Uber, Lyft & possibly just bumming a ride are options. Of course most of the action is up at Oshkosh, but FLD is a fine plan.

Solo(or 2), shuttle is the way to go. 3+ people, Uber can be a little cheaper than shuttle(or about the same). But it is not cheap. I wouldn't want to be doing it every day 2x. Even shuttle(unless solo). Rental car looks better at that point. If you can find it. Even closer and more expensive accommodations look better at that point. Always check with Lyft and Uber. Both have prices varying based on time, place, demand.

If I ever go there and don't stay on the field, I'd fly somewhere 2 hours away, rent a car there and drive the rest of the way. Bonus, opens up hotel options.

Back in 2019 it was about $45, btw. Just checked my history

Last edited:
I used the shuttle bus when I went. Worked out pretty well - except... on Wed(?) night, the night airshow may end before the shuttle schedule says they make their last pickup. Make sure to verify the bus will actually pick up after the airshow, rather than whatever the posted schedule says.

I reserved a rental. Have nice accommodations in fond du lac. Will fly in there and drive to the show. Wife may come with me and do the relax tourist thing in fond du lac. She hasn’t decided yet.

I used uber last year, was fairly expensive. One of my drivers was camping by the grounds and in from out of state. He said he could make $2,500 for the week if he hustled.

Just fly from FLD to OSH each day. Cheaper, faster, and more stylish than Uber. :)

Back