FltPlan Go issue with PDFs

MacFlier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MacFlier
I'm trying to add a checklist in PDF format to FltPlan Go on iOS.
I can do that and it works fine and I can see and open the PDF under the Documents binder.
However, if I create a new binder called "Checklists", add that PDF to this binder and try to open it, I get a "Missing File" error message.
Worse: now I can't even open the original file from the Documents binder.
Even worse: if I go to Downloads and delete the file, the reference stays there. :mad:

Am I missing something? I sent an email to their support but haven't heard from them yet.

Dunno. I just tried it for the first time and it worked. Here's what I did.

1. upload the pdf to Documents via the web site.
  2. Create Checklist binder in the app and make it active.
  3. Touch Add button on top right.
  4. Touch Documents.
  5. Select the file.
It's in both the Documents and Checklist binders and accessible either way.

Yep. That solves the problem. Thanks! It seems that, if you want to use a PDF on more than one Binder in the app, you have to upload it thru fltplan.com. If you do it from the app, it won't work.

Yep. That solves the problem. Thanks! It seems that, if you want to use a PDF on more than one Binder in the app, you have to upload it thru fltplan.com. If you do it from the app, it won't work.
I didn't even know one could do it through the app (other than via the app link to the website).

I didn't even know one could do it through the app (other than via the app link to the website).
You can. Download the pdf to your device and use the share button to share it with fltplan go. Then it will show up in the documents binder.
It works, except you can't add it to any other binders or the reference to the document is lost and you have to reupload.

You can. Download the pdf to your device and use the share button to share it with fltplan go. Then it will show up in the documents binder.
It works, except you can't add it to any other binders or the reference to the document is lost and you have to reupload.
I just never tried. I don't use the app often. It's just a backup.

Back