AOPA shuts down comments in videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their service, their rules, right?

Not all of the videos. Just one. It allows them to say they haven’t received any negative comments about the new hosts, let alone a couple of hundred people publicly unsubscribing.

For AOPA, a little circumspection might be in order.

semantics has always been a source of infighting among humanity since the first monkey climbed down the tree and discovered how to hot start a Lycoming. :D

Not all of the videos. Just one. It allows them to say they haven’t received any negative comments about the new hosts, let alone a couple of hundred people publicly unsubscribing.

For AOPA, a little circumspection might be in order.

Something something about not understanding things when your pay depends on your not understanding it

Luckily we can still laugh at wine club. That meme has been a steady and productive gold mine.

Not sure what the OP is claiming. Maybe it’s BS?

I checked youtube channels AOPALive and Air Safety Institute. The first few videos I checked , posted as recently as yesterday, allow comments.

But discord now equals hate.

Are you new to the internet? Its amazing how ugly comments can get on even the most benign posts. I run the social media for my organization out of necessity, but have seriously thought about dumping it all.

Back in the good old days of chatrooms, I thought a lot of the hate and negativity were because people hid behind screen names. But now with Facebook and others, people aren't afraid of posting anything with their name and picture attached right to it. Civility is being lost.

Are you new to the internet? Its amazing how ugly comments can get on even the most benign posts. I run the social media for my organization out of necessity, but have seriously thought about dumping it all.

Back in the good old days of chatrooms, I thought a lot of the hate and negativity were because people hid behind screen names. But now with Facebook and others, people aren't afraid of posting anything with their name and picture attached right to it. Civility is being lost.

People say all sorts of things in a manner that they'd likely never say in a face-to-face conversation. Fear of getting punched in the mouth has that affect on in-person discourse.

People say all sorts of things in a manner that they'd likely never say in a face-to-face conversation. Fear of getting punched in the mouth has that affect on in-person discourse.
If you say it enough times, people will believe it.

This is why I like living in small towns. If you’re going to be ugly there will be consequences. Forums like Facebook is kind of like bumbing from 60,000 feet.

What were the comments about? I'm guessing UL fuel, since the AOPA seems to be on the side of kicking the can to 2030 (and likely beyond).

AOPA has a forum again? And surprisingly they don’t let comments? Red Board all over again

Interesting approach for a "member" organization.

There's nothing to suggest adverse comments were made solely by AOPA members... YouTube is open to all...

from an HR perspective, an organization can't allow the public to harass an employee without taking countermeasures, perhaps that's what happened here.

Paul

But now with Facebook and others, people aren't afraid of posting anything with their name and picture attached right to it. Civility is being lost.

Being lost? It's been long gone for a long time. Just look at some of the vitriol that's allowed on this site ... and this is one of the better sites on the net. The innuendo that is allowed here is unbelievable at times. Most of us have developed quite a thick skin so this stuff just runs off our back and we roll our eyes or look the other way.

But ignoring a problem has never fixed it .. but nobody is of a mind to fix it as they seem to like it this way. Welcome to the new world (dis)order.

There's nothing to suggest adverse comments were made solely by AOPA members... YouTube is open to all...

from an HR perspective, an organization can't allow the public to harass an employee without taking countermeasures, perhaps that's what happened here.

Paul
I think most were toward AOPA not the employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back