kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Last edited:
Cramp in the right wing...:rolleyes: Good thing he/she got it extended just in the nick of time....:)

I used to raise pigeons and I think that bird had some tumbler in it. Some breed’s tumble when they fly.

He was an excellent pilot !

Practicing emergency descent? I guess pigeons use a different ACS than the rest of us.

Birds do that. They have the advantage of being able to fold their wings to make descents like that. Interesting watching ospreys here go "fishing" by flying along at 30 feet or so and then making a instant dive into the water nearly straight down.

Also a good reminder that if you suddenly encounter birds while flying, they're going to try to dodge by going down...so pull back.

Conversely, if it's another aircraft, the pilot's reaction will probably be to pull back...so dive.

Ron Wanttaja

Also a good reminder that if you suddenly encounter birds while flying, they're going to try to dodge by going down...so pull back.

Conversely, if it's another aircraft, the pilot's reaction will probably be to pull back...so dive.

Ron Wanttaja
I encountered a bald eagle a month ago on base, we were close. He dove and I held my heading as I was turning.

I saw that **** at SnF last week. That bird was Sponsored by Hooker Harnesses, Concord Batteries, Aerovonics and CamGuard. Pretty decent show, and worked for French fries and sunflower seeds.

Funny. I watched a Mourning Dove perform a perfect downwind short base and final to a power line in hefty winds. Wish I had that on video.

Funny. I watched a Mourning Dove perform a perfect downwind short base and final to a power line in hefty winds. Wish I had that on video.
The dove that saw me the other day said:"There was this guy doing a ridiculously bad downwind and a very long base and final, and he was so rigid and overweight that he couldn't even stop for half a mile once he managed to land. I wish I had him on video!".
:)

Back