Air-to-Air Cessna Cardinal 177RG

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
I'm so confused... did I not post this one? I would have sworn I did.

Anyway, now the magazine is out and it's a really cool cover. I love what they did with it! So this time, you'll see the magazine first, then my photos before I submitted them. Sorry!

52001123463_222eec716d_c.jpg

52001592900_c1d57c788b_b.jpg

52001058661_afa133fa68_b.jpg

52001317229_47878ebe28_b.jpg

52001592580_8afcd7a303_c.jpg

52001123618_87778b5e87_c.jpg

Jack, your pictures always delight - don't stop sharing, please!

---

Were those pics taken over Lake Travis? Man alive, it's low.

Jack, your pictures always delight - don't stop sharing, please!

---

Were those pics taken over Lake Travis? Man alive, it's low.

I thought the same thing. A quick check shows it's 22.75' below full pool. I didn't know Central Texas was in a drought. Here in DFW, most of the lakes are less than 4' low.

First time I saw a Cardinal I thought, "What an ugly airplane." But now, I have to admit, they've grown on me...especially with the gear up, and no struts, they look pretty slick.

Has anyone else noticed that some photos in many aviation publications freeze the propeller? The photographers apparently don't know how to set up the exposure of their expensive DSLR cameras.

Jack knows how to make that prop disc work.

Has anyone else noticed that some photos in many aviation publications freeze the propeller? The photographers apparently don't know how to set up the exposure of their expensive DSLR cameras.

Jack knows how to make that prop disc work.
Pilots get mad when I stop their props!

Wow! These are the kind of photos that got me into aviation (albeit late) in 2006 ... am wondering how may people Jack has turned into "aviation junkies" with these kind of photo "fixes"? :):p:p:p:p:p

Wow! These are the kind of photos that got me into aviation (albeit late) in 2006 ... am wondering how may people Jack has turned into "aviation junkies" with these kind of photo "fixes"? :):p:p:p:p:p
Thanks! Very nice compliment!

I forgot to mention the photo with the sun setting behind a beautiful airplane and the Colorado River below is stunning. It's one of Jack's best efforts.

Edit: After looking at the photo again, I think that's the sun rising.

:D

Last edited:
Back