iPad case for pilots that does it all

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
Is this unobtanium?

A kneeboard that rotates and when not being used as an EFB, tilts to make a good platform for web surfing or watching movies on iPad...
and even has a provision for a keyboard, for when you need to post an epic thread on PoA.

Recommendations for something like this

Shouldn’t the proper English be “for pilots that do it all”?

Depends on whether you are talking about the case or the pilots.

maybe there is no case that does it all but the pilot wants to be able to do it all especially when he's not doing pilot stuff.

Shouldn’t the proper English be “for pilots that do it all”?
I see what you mean about the plurals on singulars. Proper grammar in this case (pun?) depends on if you pronounce it "duz" or "doos".:rolleyes:

If you're talking about the case, it should be "iPad case that does it all for pilots". The clause modifies the noun it follows.

I see a lot of such cases - google "ipad keyboard case". A lot of them seem to be around $100.

It’s a lost cause. The only cases I’ve seen that “do it all” effectively double or triple the thickness of the iPad and increase the overall size as well. I use a low profile case for everything except flying and remove the iPad from the case and mount it into a RAM cradle for flying. Best of both worlds and takes seconds to do the swap.

If you're talking about the case, it should be "iPad case that does it all for pilots". The clause modifies the noun it follows.

There is nothing wrong with OP's sentence. It is fine the way it is.

"English, M(y) F(riend), do you speak it?"

Seriously, I have been very pleased with an inexpensive case that adds little to the dimensions of the iPad. I think I got it off eBay. It allows the iPad and case to fit in the Ram holders I have on the yokes. I put a Gorilla Glass screen protector on, and now the entire unit is relatively safe from dropping or scratches. It does not, however, allow for cooling. I have little problem with overheating as long as I remember to take the iPads out after landing. It's a good system. I take the iPads out and can throw them in the flight bag, and then pull them out and pop them on the yokes.

I tried all sorts of knee boards, and never found anything that worked well. The closest was one that had a velcro ramp which allowed you to incline the iPad at an upwards angle for easier viewing. That looked great, but it interfered with yoke travel.

I keep an elastic strap with the two iPad edge holders in my flight bag. It's small and lightweight, so I keep it as a back up. I has the disadvantage of holding your iPad at an angle which makes it difficult to read, though.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with OP's sentence. It is fine the way it is.

My grammar teach disagrees. But, you do you.

If desired, I'd be happy to discuss further.

Last edited:
My grammar teach disagrees. But, you do you.

If desired, I'd be happy to discuss further.

I am not the one complaining. It is your responsibility to back up your point. "My teach disagrees" (sic) isn't an argument.

I read the title and think I need to enlist a short stature fellow with hairy feet to make a journey to Mount Doom

“One iPad to rule them all…”

I am not the one complaining. It is your responsibility to back up your point. "My teach disagrees" (sic) isn't an argument.

Ok, let me restate the rule. We know an adjective modifies the noun it immediately follows. The same rule holds true of an adjective clause. Therefore, the clause “that does it all” modifies pilots. Making the noun and the verb plural is incorrect.

from this explanation, it should be a trivial exercise to verify it. Obviously You will not be convince by me, so I challenge you to go forth and learn the rule.

https://writingexplained.org/grammar-dictionary/adjective-clause

https://www.ielts-practice.org/errors-in-the-use-of-adjective-relative-clauses/

Ok, let me restate the rule. We know an adjective modifies the noun it immediately follows. The same rule holds true of an adjective clause. Therefore, the clause “that does it all” modifies pilots. Making the noun and the verb plural is incorrect.

from this explanation, it should be a trivial exercise to verify it. Obviously You will not be convince by me, so I challenge you to go forth and learn the rule.

“iPad case for pilots” is a compound noun.

The blog of an ESL teacher from India is the best you could come up with?

You are telling me that a phrase such as, "case for iPads that is blue" is incorrect? Or a sentence like "I am looking for a propeller for airplanes that has two blades" is incorrect? Seriously? Do you not realize how common statement structures like these are in everyday speech? And they are correct.

You would argue that the phrase should be "a propeller for airplanes that have two blades" but that is obviously incorrect.

"iPad case for pilots" is a prepositional phrase. The adjective clause comes afterward. By trying to assert that the adjective clause should be "do it all" (because it comes immediately after "pilots" which is plural) you have fallen into the prepositional phrase trap, a pitfall that people who do not actually understand grammar commonly fall into.

Last edited:
Diagram the sentence. The answer is always diagram the sentence.

Boy do I feel stupid for not seeing that.

Does it all? Yea, I have searching for an IPad case with a can opener and torque wrench feature.

Last edited:
Back