Signature to buy Tac Air

I copied the wrong link. Corrected, thank you.

Crap. At Centennial, most of us prefer TAC because it has the self-serve pump and has been very accomodating to Pilots N Paws flights.

Centennial already has Signature, so this looks anti-competitive.

In an ideal world, Signature would be required to sell that operation, but I’d bet they just shut it down and absorb a few pieces of it. That’s what happened for example at Oshkosh when an FBO bought a competitor on the same field. Same thing happened in Cedar Rapids.

KPOU (Poughkeepsie, NY) has no self service fuel for a few years now.
Political shenanigans of which I will not speak here.

This stinks. I've used Tac whenever they are on field. Although I do appreciate how Signature handles Angel flights.

In an ideal world, Signature would be required to sell that operation, but I’d bet they just shut it down and absorb a few pieces of it. That’s what happened for example at Oshkosh when an FBO bought a competitor on the same field. Same thing happened in Cedar Rapids.

There’s uhhhh lots of airports that have two signatures

They use the hangars and just barely have enough maintenance to fulfill contractual requirements.

There’s uhhhh lots of airports that have two signatures
Then there is examples like Scottsdale. They can't have one than one of the same outfit on the field it seems. Everytime an acquisition happens that would cause there to be 2 locations at SDL they sell one of the properties and a new outfit moves in. At this time they have a TAC private facility and a Signature so they will probably do some kind of shakeup again.

KPOU (Poughkeepsie, NY) has no self service fuel for a few years now.
Political shenanigans of which I will not speak here.
We were based at POU in the 70’s/80’s/into early 90’s. In all that time I think we only (“Full Service”) fueled at the pumps across from the old Richmore a handful of times. Our typical return trips always included a stop at Sky Acres for gas, followed by quick hop straight in to 24 back to Poughkeepsie.

We were based at POU in the 70’s/80’s/into early 90’s. In all that time I think we only (“Full Service”) fueled at the pumps across from the old Richmore a handful of times. Our typical return trips always included a stop at Sky Acres for gas, followed by quick hop straight in to 24 back to Poughkeepsie.

The county ran Richmore off the field.
(Political shenanigans of which I will not speak here.)

In a perfect world, yea right.

I have had good experiences with TAC.

I have had expensive experiences with Signature.

At least at KAPA, we have JetCenter as the alternative when TacAir shuts down. The question for us locals - what happens to the self-serve? TacAir and the self-serve is on the north side of the airport. Signature is on the south side, separated by lot of distance and 10-28.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they ran it like KHPN. At KHPN there is a Signature East and a Signature West separated by 16-34.

At least at KAPA, we have JetCenter as the alternative when TacAir shuts down.

I’m guessing that due to having that competitor still on the field, Signature will not be required to sell the TacAir operation at KAPA.

A precedent - in 2016, when Signature acquired the Landmark FBO chain, the DoJ Antitrust division only required divestment at an airport if there would otherwise be no competitor at all on the field.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...light-support-finalizes-landmark-fbo-deal?amp

Back