Rough River 2022 (2I3) 4/22 - 4/24

you have a cabin booked? My wife and I would being to split a cabin!

I’ve already got someone splitting our cabin. Thanks for asking, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be flying my damn self to Rough River! Most of you have know idea, but this is a significant turn of events

One thing we do know: You'll still beat eman there even if you fly yourself there in something as slow as an Acme Batsuit.

One thing we do know: You'll still beat eman there even if you fly yourself there in something as slow as an Acme Batsuit.
wow-oh-thats-cold.gif

What ever happened to the guy that flew the, oh gosh, what was it, Stinson or something equally slow. I was packing up the Motor home and saw him flying over head, 5 minutes later he was still flying over head. I wonder if I beat him home. This was KY Dam State Park, first Annual flyin, that was for Ed.

Ben Diss and he was in a Taylorcraft out of Columbus or Dayton.

my cowl flaps were open and they produce a lot of drag. I'll be sure to close them this year.

Ben Diss and he was in a Taylorcraft out of Columbus or Dayton.

yes Columbus, I think he got a job with one of the airlines, but haven't seen hide nor hair of him since, and no comment on the first annual, are you getting soft?

Ok, so looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like we have 8-10 ladies coming? My wife is on the fence because she wants to make sure that she won’t be the only woman there. Who is confirmed? @EdFred , don’t feel compelled to answer. :)

Jeannette will be there, as long as Axtel campground doesn't cancel our site again

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I’d say my wife Judy, is 70%. Keep in mind there is lots to do besides hanging with a bunch of grumpy old men! LOL.

BTW- Anyone know if they have pickleball courts? We have started playing and are planning on bringing the paddles. No, eman and Tim, you can’t borrow them overnight!

I’d say my wife Judy, is 70%. Keep in mind there is lots to do besides hanging with a bunch of grumpy old men! LOL.

BTW- Anyone know if they have pickleball courts? We have started playing and are planning on bringing the paddles. No, eman and Tim, you can’t borrow them overnight!

they list tennis on their website but who knows. they also list disk golf which sounds like it could be fun for someone who isn't hungover.

Sherry may come, she's always a last minute decider.

My plus one is in and looking forward to instigating even more shenanigans.

Ok, so looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like we have 8-10 ladies coming? My wife is on the fence because she wants to make sure that she won’t be the only woman there. Who is confirmed? @EdFred , don’t feel compelled to answer. :)

My wife is planning on being there.

Thanks guys. My wife probably won’t decide until that week. I get a lot more vacation time than she does, so she is planning on how she wants to use hers.

I will be flying my damn self to Rough River! Most of you have know idea, but this is a significant turn of events
Oh that’s great! Got things sorted out I take it? What will you be flying?

You all must've made an impression with my wife. Her dad is having knee replacement on the 21st, so she's desperately trying to find someplace else to send the kids so we can make it down. There's rain every day in the 7 day, so unless there's a dramatic shift in the weather pattern late next week, I'm not going to be in the field and will be ready for a drink. IF I have an airplane, which is looking less likely by the day...

Maybe we should just bring the boy. He'd get along great with most of you.

You all must've made an impression with my wife. Her dad is having knee replacement on the 21st, so she's desperately trying to find someplace else to send the kids so we can make it down. There's rain every day in the 7 day, so unless there's a dramatic shift in the weather pattern late next week, I'm not going to be in the field and will be ready for a drink. IF I have an airplane, which is looking less likely by the day...

Maybe we should just bring the boy. He'd get along great with most of you.
Let me know if you need a ride*

*disclaimer - the plane I’m taking is in annual for one more week**
** probably…

bring the kid.....we need a beer fetcher!
I’ll teach him how to fill beer from the tap, proper like!

Let me know if you need a ride
I think we're only going to be able to make it Sat. My prop was supposed to be back at the end of March, but no news as yet. The Cessna went in for annual last week. I'm still hopeful one of them gets put back together, but I think we all know how this works.

You're supposed to drink from the tap, or a hose connected to the tap.

Back