Where are the reserve parking spots for grumpy old white guys?

Due...what are you talking about?...we get the ENTRIE lot...that is why the parking stripes are painted white.

I have not seen any parking spaces designated for any minority or women.
So expectant mothers aren't women?

Edit: Maybe you haven't seen those parking spaces labeled as such, as I've never seen a wombat, but they do exist.

Last edited:
The really strange thing to me is seeing people spend 5 minutes waiting/looking for a "good" spot to save 2 minutes of walking.
I used to feel the same way.

Most of these specialty reserved spots are near the front door. There are plenty of other spaces available in the parking lot. I am overweight. I can use the exercise so it does not bother me to park the extra few feet away and walk even with my bad knees and hips. So I do not see what the issue is. I’m an old white guy who is frequently grumpy and I don’t understand the thread title. I have not seen any parking spaces designated for any minority or women. So why should my group get one? Pure silliness.

And I used to fit that description too and I resented all those unused handicapped spaces up close.

But I broke my foot in December and even with one of those post-surgical boots that come up to my knee, it still pains me every step I take. The doc authorized me to get one of those handicapped hangers for the rear-view mirror.

Now, it bugs me that it seems like most of the handicapped spaces are always occupied, and way too often there is no indication of authorization on the mirror or the license plate. So now I am one of those that circle and wait to find a spot close up. I consider myself especially lucky if I can park next to a loose shopping cart that some lazy arsehole wouldn't take to the cart corral. I use them as sort of a walker to help keep pressure off my foot. At least, I'm finally transitioning out of the boot, but the foot still hurts when I walk any distance.

Who parks a RAV4 out in the weeds so that it can be alone and unmolested?

But I broke my foot in December and even with one of those post-surgical boots that come up to my knee, it still pains me every step I take. The doc authorized me to get one of those handicapped hangers for the rear-view mirror.

I feel your pain. My wife broke her 5th metatarsal, Jones fracture, and had surgery to fixate the bone. She's been in a hard cast for 6 weeks now post op, and she didn't get the temporary tag. So, I stop near the entrance of a building, pull her knee scooter out of the trunk, get her going on the scooter, then go park the car. Leaving, I have to do the reverse. It gets old quickly.

So expectant mothers aren't women?

Edit: Maybe you haven't seen those parking spaces labeled as such, as I've never seen a wombat, but they do exist.
Well I definitely have seen signs like the one in the OP for customers with young children that somehow got twisted into women with young children. Yeah, the image shows a person in a dress but that doesn’t magically change the verbiage from customer to woman.

I believe that I also have seen the ones for expectant moms as well. I do know they exist. So yes, I guess you can say my statement was overly broad but I meant that women in general do not receive special parking. While pregnancy is not a true disability, it can be looked at as handicapping a woman due to its affect on them. Maybe the handicap parking law just needs to state that pregnant women can park in handicap spaces though it should probably be limited to those in the last few months when they become blimps. I have no objections either way.

follow the science

I used to feel the same way.

And I used to fit that description too and I resented all those unused handicapped spaces up close.

Now, it bugs me that it seems like most of the handicapped spaces are always occupied, and way too often there is no indication of authorization on the mirror or the license plate. So now I am one of those that circle and wait to find a spot close up. I consider myself especially lucky if I can park next to a loose shopping cart that some lazy arsehole wouldn't take to the cart corral. I use them as sort of a walker to help keep pressure off my foot. At least, I'm finally transitioning out of the boot, but the foot still hurts when I walk any distance.

Having had two knee replacements and a major back fusion, I agree that handicap places make sense. I can understand waiting for one of those. I got handicap hangers for the above. As soon as I didn't need them I went back to parking as far as necessary to get out quickly and protect my car.

Most of these specialty reserved spots are near the front door. There are plenty of other spaces available in the parking lot. I am overweight. I can use the exercise so it does not bother me to park the extra few feet away and walk
Agree. It’s irritating when I see people use specially designated parking spots for which they don’t belong to. A lot of people are just lazy and don’t want to walk the extra 20ft, which takes away from those who actually need the closer parking.

The really strange thing to me is seeing people spend 5 minutes waiting/looking for a "good" spot to save 2 minutes of walking.

What is even more strange is that most times it appears that those folks need to do a bit of walking ... :biggrin:

I feel your pain. My wife broke her 5th metatarsal, Jones fracture, and had surgery to fixate the bone. She's been in a hard cast for 6 weeks now post op, and she didn't get the temporary tag. So, I stop near the entrance of a building, pull her knee scooter out of the trunk, get her going on the scooter, then go park the car. Leaving, I have to do the reverse. It gets old quickly.

My wife suffered a Jones fracture, and it required surgery, months in a boot, and a nighttime bone growth stimulator to heal it. That's not uncommon. It's literally a tough break.

iu

I initially read that as "circus parking"....

Back