what is it like flying with a youtuber as a passenger??

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
@FlyingMonkey, I just watched your recent video about flying your daughter up to observe a surgeon.
...another enjoyable video by the way...I always enjoy your stuff.....
I had a random thought...actually had a couple...

but this thread is about the enroute segment before she napped...you were babbling away talking about your icing strategy, routing, or whatever....while your daughter seemed to be paying you no attention at all. Brought me a chuckle...
I thought..."I wonder, what is it like to be a passenger of a youtuber pilot?"
I mean...your preflight and passenger brief...etc...
She was probably isolated and not even hearing you but still, I picture som efunny experiences and reactions from her perspective....

I'll bet you could make a funny spoof about it.... I imagine a whole lot of waiting around while you set up your cameras, etc... then at some point you probably tell your passengers...now I'm gonna be talking to the camera, don't mind me..."
I mean really...what a passenger must see before all the editing...must be funny in a way!

Anyway, thanks for another great video!

I've flown with 2 as passengers and it was just like flying with anybody else.

No cameras allowed in any aircraft I fly. Less evidence made means less to burn.

Do you mean like flying with Trevor Jacob while he records the flight?

Or maybe flying with Dan Gryder in a Cessna 150?

Or maybe receiving dual from BrYan?

A pick your poison kind of thing.

I was all lined up and ready to do a filming with @SixPapaCharlie with four of my best Korean masseuse friends.

Then the government shut Backpage down. Your loss, buddy.

I flew with Brian with a Y and he wouldn’t shut up either. Well, for that matter, neither did I. Dinner was good though. We got a little quieter then.

A little bit off topic, but reminds me of the time I asked a co-worker about his time flying in the Navy. I asked if Air Force types ever rode along with them, and if it made things any different. He said "Yeah, we just talked a bit slower, and used smaller words. They kept up just fine." :)

How about not just a Utuber, but an ‘influencer’?? That’s the ticket.

E2E44FEA-18B5-4A6C-B6E5-42F81B3B6B3F.jpeg

Back