What's with "SEEYUH!"?

I don't think it's funny to use Guard as a political platform... I never once used Guard to express my actually legitimate displeasure with the previous guy...
I thought "Let's go Brandon" mocked the media not the "Big Guy". They really earned it, imo, which is why it's so funny, but I'm "with you" on 121.5. ;)

The question is if it is actually causing material harm. Again, I'm not saying it's a good practice, just that it's relatively harmless when kept in moderation.

IMO meow is less offensive than the LGB, but if you don't think LGB in general, considering it's origin, is a even a tad funny, then you're clearly pretty partisan, and they are probably doing it just to annoy you, which means if it didn't annoy you, or you made sure they never knew it annoyed you, it'd probably go away. People don't tease people very long who don't give feedback and a rise.

The question is if it is actually causing material harm. Again, I'm not saying it's a good practice, just that it's relatively harmless when kept in moderation.

IMO meow is less offensive than the LGB, but if you don't think LGB in general, considering it's origin, is a even a tad funny, then you're clearly pretty partisan, and they are probably doing it just to annoy you, which means if it didn't annoy you, or you made sure they never knew it annoyed you, it'd probably go away. People don't tease people very long who don't give feedback and a rise.
Politics has nothing to do with my opinion. I am not offended by the behavior being discussed. Sorry. You still are not holding any water.

Edit:
disregard. I viewed the blocked content and see that you are responding to people on my ignore list.

Really? I was on it Monday late afternoon and it was silent. FGX --> GRR
I was on it from 3 to 7pm going Pittsburgh to Peoria. Somewhere across Ohio or into Indiana I started getting a political dissertation. Pass.

I was on it from 3 to 7pm going Pittsburgh to Peoria. Somewhere across Ohio or into Indiana I started getting a political dissertation. Pass.

Weird, I heard none of that and was from the Ohio River and along the IN/OH border from 4pm to 6pm ET and was at 8500. Maybe I just missed it.

Weird, I heard none of that and was from the Ohio River and along the IN/OH border from 4pm to 6pm ET and was at 8500. Maybe I just missed it.
I didn't record this flight, otherwise I could've sent you the audio so you could enjoy it. :) Or not.

I didn't record this flight, otherwise I could've sent you the audio so you could enjoy it. :) Or not.

Damn, I would have loved to listen to all that...
(in my best Wayne Campbell)
...NOT!

It's an air force thing... and it's just a pleasantry I give after I've enjoyed a good controllers service and it's relatively quiet.

This thread explains something I heard on guard flying around the DC SFRA one day. Someone, I assumed it was a controller, but suppose it could have been anyone, said in an angry voice:”You two are supposed to be professional airline pilots! Now Grow up!”. Didn’t hear the foregoing conversation but reading this I guess it was some variation on“meow”.

I thought "Let's go Brandon" mocked the media not the "Big Guy". They really earned it, imo, which is why it's so funny, but I'm "with you" on 121.5. ;)

Except the oh so cultured crowd at the NASCAR race were chanting something else that the guy rightly tried to clean up...

ah, gotta love the acceptance of others.

ah, gotta love the acceptance of others.

Who needs to accept someone clogging an emergency frequency with their politics while flying a multiple hundred thousand pound tube with hundreds of passengers?

For the record, I've loved NASCAR since Davey Allison was alive.

misunderstanding...

Being a bit naïve I had the expectation that most pilots would have a fairly high level of integrity. POA has proven that I was very mistaken. Sometimes the poor humor, innuendo, and persistent petulant quarreling that is allowed to pass on here is quite startling.

Not much more to do than watch it go by and try not to let those folks drag you into the mud and beat you down with their mudhole experience. :dunno:
You this POA is bad? You should see the children over on the open forum at justhelicopters.com

Oy vey.

I must be the last person to never have heard "meow" on the radio.

How did that get started, other than the usual miscreant North of the Red River?

You this POA is bad? You should see the children over on the open forum at justhelicopters.com

Oy vey.

We find in so many ways that people love to "riot in the daytime." Seems it's done more now because the bar has been raised so people have to be even more erratic & bizarre than before to get a "look at me" moment. Enter Trevor Jacobs or Miley Cyrus. People used to want to be known as great for their intellect, now it seems they want to be famous for their stupidity ...

"You are who you are when you are alone."

We find in so many ways that people love to "riot in the daytime." Seems it's done more now because the bar has been raised so people have to be even more erratic & bizarre than before to get a "look at me" moment. Enter Trevor Jacobs or Miley Cyrus. People used to want to be known as great for their intellect, now it seems they want to be famous for their stupidity ...

Wha'd Miley Cyrus do?

No idea who Trevor Jacobs is and sounds like I don’t want to know either.

I must be the last person to never have heard "meow" on the radio.

How did that get started, other than the usual miscreant North of the Red River?
AFAIK it's from the move Super Troopers. "Meow, how fast were you going?"

The thing in the OP wasn't about just saying see ya. It was about doing it in a deep voice? I'm waiting on some of our currently flying airline pilots to check in here about this. @jordane93 , @kayoh190 .
I'm not one of the tagged guys but I have been accused of driving a big bus....

I hear it sometimes; hell I do it sometimes. ("23.82 - seeeya") but just like anything you have to "read the room". If the freq is jam packed, your cockpit is too busy or you've recently screwed up then it is more highly frowned upon. Most people I fly with honestly don't sweat the small stuff; this is strongly rooted in the small stuff category IMO. (just the signoff, not the guard shenanigans)

Back