Your favorite MP4 video editing software is?

pb172

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pb172
Trying to put something together so that I can import my audio from flight and ipad screen shot to gopro9 video and narrate later, add text, etc.

Videopad. There is a free version, which I use, though it can be difficult to find on their website. I looked at DaVinci, but that seemed to have a much steeper learning curve.

I use Camtasia at work (it's what is supplied by the U) and Openshot at home (it's free).

Premiere pro, I tried a few other free ones, they work for a little bit, then suck.

Another vote for DaVinci Resolve. The free version is very powerful and fully functional. Tons of tutorials on YouTube for anything you need to do.

Premier will do anything of you ask of it between freezes, crashes, glitches and other errors.
It is powerful but the buggiest piece of software I have ever over paid for.

I use Lightworks. It’s ok, but it’s free.

Trying to put something together so that I can import my audio from flight and ipad screen shot to gopro9 video and narrate later, add text, etc.

Windoze or Linux or Mac OS?

Free... I'm using Quicktime, Garageband, and OBS. But I'm not doing anything fancy or challenging...

I use Camtasia at work (it's what is supplied by the U)

Same here. It’s specialized for recording lectures and training videos, with a talking head recorded while showing PowerPoint or something else in video form. It’s good at that, but it’s not really much of a video editor on its own.

wow, thanks for all the replies. I'm using Windows 11 laptop and 7 on desktop. So far downloaded davinci...wow lots to learn.
My immediate need is to trim out sections I don't want and export to other formats. I may start a youtube channel. That should prove interesting...lol.

how do a get a screenshot of the ipad overlayed in the video? AND get my voice to the gopro9 from A20 headset

wow, thanks for all the replies. I'm using Windows 11 laptop and 7 on desktop. So far downloaded davinci...wow lots to learn.
My immediate need is to trim out sections I don't want and export to other formats. I may start a youtube channel. That should prove interesting...lol.

These will be your friend:

a507fe5183266ad305644f896cbd348b.jpg

so far tested Davinci and Kdenlive...looking good.

Back