G3X touch + GNX375 a minimalist EAB IFR panel? Backup "gyro"(G5) req'd? GTN650 instead of GNX375?

If they have two separate AHRS sources, then yes, otherwise no. The G3X GDU-460/470 displays don't have any kind of internal AHRS, they rely on a GSU-25 type AHRS box for "gyro" information. So if your airplane has two GSU-25 units, then it would have redundancy with just the two G3X's. The G5 has an internal AHRS so one G3X and one G5 also provides redundancy, at least in Attitude. It would need its own GMU-11 to achieve redundant magnetic heading indications, although it could provide you with track without the GMU-11.

If anyone cares I did decide to go with a 10" G3X touch, G5, GNX-375, and GTR-200 in my carbon cub. I also got sold on the autopilot although I omitted the GMC-307 control head due to panel space, it will be controlled through the G3X touch screen. It should be done in 6 months or so.

Just wondering, now that you have accumulated some time, what are your feelings about this system? I have the G3X, the G5, a Area 760 , GMA245 Radio, GMC305 autopilot( servos not yet installed). I was considering the same GNX375 to make my system IFR legal. My intentions are not to fly IFR as I only have a 172 seaplane, I'd use this system mostly for safety and educational purposes. My 172 is in the owner maintenance category , it is highly modified over a stock version, though most of my flying is backcountry, I do run into variable conditions often that can deteriorate quite rapidly, being way off grid I don't have access to weather information while in the back country, so having the equipment and knowing how to use this could come in handy.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Robert

Just wondering, now that you have accumulated some time, what are your feelings about this system? I have the G3X, the G5, a Area 760 , GMA245 Radio, GMC305 autopilot( servos not yet installed). I was considering the same GNX375 to make my system IFR legal. My intentions are not to fly IFR as I only have a 172 seaplane, I'd use this system mostly for safety and educational purposes. My 172 is in the owner maintenance category , it is highly modified over a stock version, though most of my flying is backcountry, I do run into variable conditions often that can deteriorate quite rapidly, being way off grid I don't have access to weather information while in the back country, so having the equipment and knowing how to use this could come in handy.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately I still have not flown my airplane. It is still in production! It should be done in June, I'll let you know what I think when the time comes.

Thank you for responding. I didn't realize you were in the building process, I thought the panel was just an upgrade, figured you would have plenty of time on this by now. I actually just arranged an AME to help me install the servos and activate the autopilot, will likely put in the GNX375 at the same time, the fact it has a built in transponder is a bonus. I may be up and running before you are, if so I'll let you know how it works out.

Cheers

Back