My post was censored and taken down by EAA on their forum.

You guys are harsh. Do you want to expand this forum, or keep it to your click? Every time I see a similar thing the folks here drive new people away.

It truly is an odd site.
It's "clique"

It's irritating when people join and spam the board with multiple threads about their gripe. Most of the time they had no intention of contributing and never come back. At least the OP had the decency to introduce himself before creating a thread about how he got booted from the eaa forum for "no reason", and another about how unethical it is for a large organization to pay their CEO. Gee, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

In this instance, I've resisted piling on, as I recognize the name as the founder of IMC club. I don't participate, but only because there's not a local meeting. I can empathize with his irritation at being removed from leadership of his "baby", but OTOH if he approached his gripes about EAA there with as much tact and nuance as he did here, I can understand why they wouldn't keep him around.

I hope he sticks around and contributes, as I think he has a lot to offer, but I suspect that, ox gored and axe ground, he won't be back. I also hope that he figures out that complaining about Jack Pelton's salary on the internet isn't going to get him anywhere.

Last edited:
I went on that radio show once. @Radek Wyrzykowski wasn't anywhere to be seen. The one and only piece of advice I've ever received about being on the media is to not make fun the host. Of course I preceded to do just that with abandon. Needless to say I was never invited back.

The one and only piece of advice I've ever received about being on the media is to not make fluff the host.
Any chance you could translate that into English?

I’ve been known to snort Hershey’s dark chocolate.

TimelyTanEmu-size_restricted.gif

You guys are harsh. Do you want to expand this forum, or keep it to your click? Every time I see a similar thing the folks here drive new people away.

It truly is an odd site.
I think there's pretty good tolerance here for a range of opinions regarding flying, aircraft, regulations, etc.

But when a new member's first post is "This is Why I Hate 'X' ", accompanied by encouragement for others to hate 'X', and a reference to a video where he, will, again, encourage others to hate 'X'....well, I can see how folks might take that negatively. It looks like the OP's sole reason for signing on here is to badmouth EAA after he got canned. As of this time, other than an introductory message, he hasn't posted anything else.

Ron Wanttaja

In this instance, I've resisted piling on, as I recognize the name as the founder of IMC club. I don't participate, but only because there's not a local meeting.

I have been participating in the Memphis IMC Club since it was started last fall. David Dow (founder and MC) puts a lot of work into getting each meeting put together. We have folks participating from all over, including as far as California. All the meetings are via Zoom, so it works well, and doesn't waste a lot of time travelling back and forth to meetings. About the only downside I see is not having face-to-face contact. And, if you are into Wings, you can get credits for the meeting.

As far as the OP, I respect him for what he did in getting the IMC Club going, then merging it into the EAA for a much wider audience. Too bad he has run into a problem with EAA, but maybe he will let us know what happened so we can make our own judgment about who was right and wrong.

If you like to surround yourself with people who know more than you, you've come to the right place my man. This place is replete with self proclaimed experts; a cocaine line of unearned confidence and self indulgence this prison yard is. Welcome home!
This is amazing. I’m going to work this phrase into the next worthless meeting I have at work.

I'm just glad I made it 2 pages into this thread without anyone saying EAA violated anyone's first amendment rights.

POA knows the constitution!

My post was censored and taken down by EAA on their forum. Personaly I find it amusing and funny. If you are strong and confident you shouldn't be afraid of someone else's opinions. I am always polite and professional. You be the judge. Here is what I wrote:

"Many of you may wonder why I am no longer with EAA when the IMC and VMC Club was one of their most popular programs. I had my employment with EAA separated since I had a very strong philosophical disagreement on what a non-profit aviation organization should be. Now, I am going back to rebuild what I started almost 12 years ago and what EAA tried to distort. I came to the point when I could not defend the IMC and VMC Club program any longer. I have always believed in the aviation community and its ability to come together for the greater good of helping each other to become proficient and 100% safe flyers. I am sick and tired of aviation politics, backstabbing, and personal interests and gains over what is the right thing to do. I always like to surround myself with people who know more than me and have the expertise I may not have. At the same time, I know what expertise I have and can contribute. We are not gods; we are just humans, and everybody is good at something else. Let's work together as a team, as one community of passionate people. The way Paul Poberezny envisioned this movement." - I just tried to post it again there. Maybe this time it will stick ;-). Wasn't I polite in any manner or say something rude?

Nope, I haven't wondered that at all.

It truly is an odd site.

I was new 103 posts (well, 104 now) ago and find it rather welcoming here. Got a ton of good advice about maintenance issues, flying issues, etc. from people who are twice my age or have twice (or more) my flying experience... Even connected with some of the folks away from POA.

Update: I used the phrase “cocaine line worth of overconfidence and self promotion” in a work setting today. Feeling very accomplished. I’d like to thank EAA for kicking this guy out and POA for being, well, POA and providing such a great line.

Update: I used the phrase “cocaine line worth of overconfidence and self promotion” in a work setting today. Feeling very accomplished. I’d like to thank EAA for kicking this guy out and POA for being, well, POA and providing such a great line.

As someone waiting to try the line myself, I'd be curious what the context was that earned your successful deployment. :D

Have you been called in for your “random” drug test yet?

As someone waiting to try the line myself, I'd be curious what the context was that earned your successful deployment. :D
I was referring to a big worthless meeting and a guy who always comes in rambling about all the things he thinks make him better than everyone else. Seemed appropriate.

I was referring to a big worthless meeting and a guy who always comes in rambling about all the things he thinks make him better than everyone else. Seemed appropriate.

it would be challenging to find a time where the line would be more appropriate

There is no way I could - or would - use “cocaine” in a pun or joke.

maybe “conga line”???

I think the OP is a good example of Groucho Marx’s observation that he would never join a club that would have him as a member.

Cheers

There is no way I could - or would - use “cocaine” in a pun or joke.

maybe “conga line”???
I was wondering if for some strange cosmic reason that it autocorrected from conga line or a misspelling of it to cocaine. But it definitely is funnier.

To the OP - would you prefer a Shiraz or Cabernet with your comments?
Brie or Camembert, I think he’s already got the wine.

I know when you’re in the middle of it things often seem larger than they are. I’ve also seen too many people use their exit to let everyone know about their philosophical, ethical, or other differences with the organization from which they are departing. I’ve never seen it have any effect whatsoever on the organization, but I’ve seen a few careers that never quite recovered.

Brie or Camembert, I think he’s already got the wine.

I know when you’re in the middle of it things often seem larger than they are. I’ve also seen too many people use their exit to let everyone know about their philosophical, ethical, or other differences with the organization from which they are departing. I’ve never seen it have any effect whatsoever on the organization, but I’ve seen a few careers that never quite recovered.

:) I've seen it result in a memo to the security folks and perhaps a refresher on response techniques, but otherwise yep, completely agree.

I've watched a number of "indispensable" folks get tossed out on their heads while believing that they cannot be replaced. They need to observe how fast the hole closes up when they remove their hand from a bucket of water. That's about how long it will take to replace them.

In fact those that watched the antics of the "irreplaceable" have a replacement on speed dial while they are filling out the termination paperwork. Bottom line ... stay in your lane.

Back