Misdemeanor AME

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a small country town keep in mind, I'm white.

Well, at least you're white. Jesus. Talk about TMI. My advice, short one word answers for the medical. Ditto for the check ride.

I just wanted to be sure everyone was clear that I wasn't blaming the police or blaming the circumstance on the color of my skin. People get offended for nearly anything now days, so clarifying it was a "small country town" could have been perceived negatively in this day and age.
Thanks for the information though?

Edit: your take away was, "he said he was white".

I just wanted to be sure everyone was clear that I wasn't blaming the police or blaming the circumstance on the color of my skin. People get offended for nearly anything now days, so clarifying it was a "small country town" could have been perceived negatively in this day and age.
Thanks for the information though?

Edit: your take away was, "he said he was white".
You brought skin color into it when it had absolutely nothing to do with nothing. Your story could have been summed up in a short paragraph. You have a propensity to spill way too many details that really don't matter. What your wife makes hourly is information that isn't pertinent to you being charged with a misdemeanor. The wrong detail spilled can get your medical deferred.

You brought skin color into it when it had absolutely nothing to do with nothing. Your story could have been summed up in a short paragraph. You have a propensity to spill way too many details that really don't matter. What your wife makes hourly is information that isn't pertinent to you being charged with a misdemeanor. The wrong detail spilled can get your medical deferred.

I honestly don't believe a word of what you are saying, you picking out skin color out of my entire story just shows what type of person you are. you believe I've never had to verbally explain this before for jobs? you know how many people gasp and call it a tender nightmare? all of them. You know how many people persecute me and act like i'm guilty? none.

I honestly don't believe a word of what you are saying, you picking out skin color out of my entire story just shows what type of person you are. you believe I've never had to verbally explain this before for jobs? you know how many people gasp and call it a tender nightmare? all of them. You know how many people persecute me and act like i'm guilty? none.
I also picked out your wife's hourly wage as completely irrelevant as well.

I also picked out your wife's hourly wage as completely irrelevant as well.

after I call you out on the skin color remark, Go ahead and back pedal what's done is done.
if you didn't want to read everything you shouldn't had, why would you read everything then come here and complain about reading everything? nobody told you to read my story, most people like good detail and an understanding of where someone is coming from. keep it moving Ernie.

Still hanging in here boys, its Been nearly a month since my deferment. Waiting on the letter from the FAA to write a personal statement and to turn in all Documents that I can scrape up.
The process continues.

Alvin, I hope you have consulted an experienced AME by now and are waiting to follow their advice, if not you may have more issues and waiting with the FAA if you don't respond appropriately.

I haven't been back to this thread since my last response, but it's a little bit of a dumpster fire and you keep fueling it on.

Regardless of what happened you have a conviction of a crime, you will have to deal with this occasionally for the rest of your life. How you deal with it will make your life easier in the long run.

People will have opinions of what happened to you whether they are right or wrong. The thing is, their opinions don't matter. You can get dragged into endless back and forth, or you can say something like, "yeah, I'm not a thief, but I can certainly understand why the girl might have thought I was. I handled this very badly and paid a price for it. I haven't been in trouble since, nor will I ever be again. I really regret my decisions back then, I'm smarter now, something like that will never happen to me again."

And that's it, don't talk about wanting to be rich, don't get dragged into conversations about your life, except to say " I have a beautiful, very successful wife, wonderful children and I want to be successful for them." And "this is a lifelong dream of mine and I'm finally in a position to pursue it."

You really want to work on that when you need to talk about this. I really think that it's what people helping you to deal with this and people making decisions on it want to hear. Getting argumentative during the discussion will just sour them on you, so don't get drawn into arguing stuff that doesn't matter to your problem.

Alvin, I hope you have consulted an experienced AME by now and are waiting to follow their advice, if not you may have more issues and waiting with the FAA if you don't respond appropriately.

I haven't been back to this thread since my last response, but it's a little bit of a dumpster fire and you keep fueling it on.

Regardless of what happened you have a conviction of a crime, you will have to deal with this occasionally for the rest of your life. How you deal with it will make your life easier in the long run.

People will have opinions of what happened to you whether they are right or wrong. The thing is, their opinions don't matter. You can get dragged into endless back and forth, or you can say something like, "yeah, I'm not a thief, but I can certainly understand why the girl might have thought I was. I handled this very badly and paid a price for it. I haven't been in trouble since, nor will I ever be again. I really regret my decisions back then, I'm smarter now, something like that will never happen to me again."

And that's it, don't talk about wanting to be rich, don't get dragged into conversations about your life, except to say " I have a beautiful, very successful wife, wonderful children and I want to be successful for them." And "this is a lifelong dream of mine and I'm finally in a position to pursue it."

You really want to work on that when you need to talk about this. I really think that it's what people helping you to deal with this and people making decisions on it want to hear. Getting argumentative during the discussion will just sour them on you, so don't get drawn into arguing stuff that doesn't matter to your problem.

Everyone here loves to argue haha, I still never received what I was looking for and feel like I wont be part of the community until I receive my medical.
It has been 1 month since my medical got deferred, I'm waiting for the FAA to send me the letter so I can send everything to them. Its a waiting game. I've noticed people come here new, ask a question and get shot down by everyone so they leave and probably don't pursue flight again.
I'm here and I'm not leaving until the fat lady sings, so get use to me haha. I'm sure it'll be another 2-3 months.

I think the OP brought up the tone of his integument to highlight just how unbelievable his treatment was. It is a sad commentary on our society that we're not surprised when a man of color is railroaded by the cops.

This all happened in TN

"I remember why I left the pnw" you'll go wherever they send you.

Looks like I'll be getting my Sport first in a cub while I wait this one out :D they wont keep me down.

I think the OP brought up the tone of his integument to highlight just how unbelievable his treatment was. It is a sad commentary on our society that we're not surprised when a man of color is railroaded by the cops.

He is not a person of color, he made that clear in his OP.

This all happened in TN

"I remember why I left the pnw" you'll go wherever they send you.

Looks like I'll be getting my Sport first in a cub while I wait this one out :D they wont keep me down.

I'm pretty sure the sport avenue is gone now that you've been deferred. You are going to need to stick this out to a positive outcome to fly.

glider and motor glider

I'm pretty sure the sport avenue is gone now that you've been deferred. You are going to need to stick this out to a positive outcome to fly.[/QUOTE]

No its not, a deferal doesn't hault something that doesn't require a Medical. I wont be able to night fly or do my CX and not a Glider it'll be a piper cub tail dragger, they cruise 75mph which is enough to build time and its $100hr wet lol.

I obviously don't have a medical issue, I passed my medical. I haven't had a Denial, Suspension or a Revoke. They can't stop me from building time while I wait or getting a license that doesn't require an FAA medical.
61.53 explains that. I don't have a significant medical deficit like seizures, and I'm not hiding a medical disorder. If they didn't want a deferral to fly lsa they would have stated that, they mentioned everything but a deferral. If it were denied, then yes i'd be boned and then I'll get a lawyer.

I know if it's sport license recreational I believe you can fly mostly anything single engine and have 1 passenger.

"Mostly anything", no, far from it. A Sport Pilot certificate allows you to fly only Light-Sport compliant aircraft, which are a very small subset of single engine aircraft. A Recreational Pilot certificate (which does require a medical) is something different.

I obviously don't have a medical issue, I passed my medical.

You did NOT "pass your medical"; it was deferred. A deferral is only a temporary thing, based on the information the FAA receives it ultimately results in a medical being issued or denied. Yes you can fly as a Sport Pilot, but only until you receive the actual denial (if that's what happens). You will probably eventually get your medical. But note, many deferrals turn into denials because the applicant doesn't get all the required information back to the FAA in the required period, which is often unrealistically short when you're trying to get records from other government agencies. If that happens, you're grounded until you successfully reapply.

I can't comment on your actual circumstances; as others have said I suspect there's a lot missing. However, from what you have posted so far I suspect that you may still, like many young men, need to learn when to just shut up and stop talking and not offer unnecessary information.

No its not, a deferal doesn't hault something that doesn't require a Medical. I wont be able to night fly or do my CX and not a Glider it'll be a piper cub tail dragger, they cruise 75mph which is enough to build time and its $100hr wet lol.

I obviously don't have a medical issue, I passed my medical. I haven't had a Denial, Suspension or a Revoke. They can't stop me from building time while I wait or getting a license that doesn't require an FAA medical.
61.53 explains that. I don't have a significant medical deficit like seizures, and I'm not hiding a medical disorder. If they didn't want a deferral to fly lsa they would have stated that, they mentioned everything but a deferral. If it were denied, then yes i'd be boned and then I'll get a lawyer.

61.53 is not the only regulation that applies. You also have to comply with 61.303(b)(2):

§ 61.303 If I want to operate a light-sport aircraft, what operating limits and endorsement requirements in this subpart must I comply with?...

(b) A person using a U.S. driver's license to meet the requirements of this paragraph must -

(1) Comply with each restriction and limitation imposed by that person's U.S. driver's license and any judicial or administrative order applying to the operation of a motor vehicle;

(2) Have been found eligible for the issuance of at least a third-class airman medical certificate at the time of his or her most recent application (if the person has applied for a medical certificate);

(3) Not have had his or her most recently issued medical certificate (if the person has held a medical certificate) suspended or revoked or most recent Authorization for a Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate withdrawn; and

(4) Not know or have reason to know of any medical condition that would make that person unable to operate a light-sport aircraft in a safe manner.​

[Emphasis added]

If your application has been deferred, then you have not yet been "found eligible for the issuance of at least a third-class airman medical certificate," and therefore you don't yet meet the requirements of that subparagraph. :(

61.53 is not the only regulation that applies. You also have to comply with 61.303(b)(2):

§ 61.303 If I want to operate a light-sport aircraft, what operating limits and endorsement requirements in this subpart must I comply with?...

(b) A person using a U.S. driver's license to meet the requirements of this paragraph must -

(1) Comply with each restriction and limitation imposed by that person's U.S. driver's license and any judicial or administrative order applying to the operation of a motor vehicle;

(2) Have been found eligible for the issuance of at least a third-class airman medical certificate at the time of his or her most recent application (if the person has applied for a medical certificate);

(3) Not have had his or her most recently issued medical certificate (if the person has held a medical certificate) suspended or revoked or most recent Authorization for a Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate withdrawn; and

(4) Not know or have reason to know of any medical condition that would make that person unable to operate a light-sport aircraft in a safe manner.​

[Emphasis added]

If your application has been deferred, then you have not yet been "found eligible for the issuance of at least a third-class airman medical certificate," and therefore you don't yet meet the requirements of that subparagraph. :(

Yikes. I know you've never been down this road. but the guy I'm flying with has and the same thing happened to him 2 years ago and he did his sport while waiting.
I passed my medical, it wasn't denied medically but it was paused in a limbo. You find that or first hand experience over mine and I'll believe you.
Half of you probably aren't even pilots lol.

Yikes. I know you've never been down this road. but the guy I'm flying with has and the same thing happened to him 2 years ago and he did his sport while waiting.
I passed my medical, it wasn't denied medically but it was paused in a limbo. You find that or first hand experience over mine and I'll believe you.
Half of you probably aren't even pilots lol.
Did the examiner for his sport-pilot checkride know that the guy had applied for a medical and been deferred?

Being a pilot doesn't necessarily make me a legal expert, but in the absence of guidance to the contrary from the FAA, I take the regulations literally. If you want to take a chance on one person's experience instead of what the regulation says, that's up to you.

Did the examiner for his sport-pilot checkride know that the guy had applied for a medical and been deferred?

Being a pilot doesn't necessarily make me a legal expert, but in the absence of guidance to the contrary from the FAA, I take the regulations literally. If you want to take a chance on one person's experience instead of what the regulation says, that's up to you.

Im not doubting the FAA. I'm doubting that you know 100% and it can literally be read either way.
Call Okc for me and ask them will ya? Thanks.

The FAA is quite literal when they write. No where says anything about deferrals. Deferrals aren't a denile so quit assuming its a no, it isn't until it is. It could as likely be a yes, considering 96% of deferrals are approved. I don't think I'll be the 4%.... over 5 years ago.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what the rationale is behind not allowing sport pilot if you’ve been denied a medical?

The way I look at it.
I couldn't solo anything heavier than a LSA without a medical before applying.
I applied for a medical to Solo Engine Airplanes heavier than LSA aircraft which is my reason.
The day I walked in I'm in a process to get my medical for said aircraft that require it, just like the day before I walked in nothing changed and I'm in the same process.
LSA aircraft no medical, good.
LSA aircraft medical denied, not good.
I don't have a denied, revoked or suspended medical.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what the rationale is behind not allowing sport pilot if you’ve been denied a medical?

Probably 9/11, do you remember when minimums were 250 hours? Fresh kid could jump 2nd in command. Then Alaska quite literally rolled a few times and that's all she rode. (Not saying its souly Alaskas fault, but with how needy they are now imagine back then.)
I think it's funny about the medical for sport, likely it's due to discovering a real medical issue which could endanger lives once discovered. Didn't know couldn't know no guilt. Does know, did know held accountable. I'd say the FAA went through a lot of lawsuits first before they cracked down, kinda like the ATF and firearms, it'll just take them being sued a handful of time since they make the rules and it'll all tighten up.

Probably 9/11, do you remember when minimums were 250 hours? Fresh kid could jump 2nd in command. Then Alaska quite literally rolled a few times and that's all she rode. (Not saying its souly Alaskas fault, but with how needy they are now imagine back then.)
I think it's funny about the medical for sport, likely it's due to discovering a real medical issue which could endanger lives once discovered. Didn't know couldn't know no guilt. Does know, did know held accountable. I'd say the FAA went through a lot of lawsuits first before they cracked down, kinda like the ATF and firearms, it'll just take them being sued a handful of time since they make the rules and it'll all tighten up.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Call them 182 driver? Find out
Let me guess you're stuck with a 21% apr loan?

I'm not doing your homework for you. Perhaps you should check with an aviation attorney and/or the FAA before you dig yourself a hole from which you won't be able to extricate yourself.

21% APR? WTF?

I'm not doing your homework for you. Perhaps you should check with an aviation attorney and/or the FAA before you dig yourself a hole from which you won't be able to extricate yourself.

21% APR? WTF?

Do my research for me? But you know right?
Stay rusty.

Winning friends and influencing people as you go. Nice job, newbie!

The only way to win friends here is to flash some ratings anyone can buy, literally a 16 year old can buy. pass tests designed for said child to pass. show off 600k plane so we all have something in common its quite obvious this forum gravitates to seasoned pilots and anything less is "scum".
Every, thread towards new pilots is littered with every pilot giving their 2 cents when little Toby is a captain at 26 for a major.
Maybe this forums just a bunch of none selects jealous of someone elses opportunity, idk.
The vibe I get is you all have no information, you re cite what I did and I only have 4 hours of flight time which just shows how laughable the community is. Everyone here points to 3 online AME's who obviously just want to make a quick buck from a sucker. Nobody knows the outcome but by examiner. You know, I have been through the federal process and own suppressors, roughly 30k in guns/ammo. I've cleared my name, I can clear this up to no doubt.
The lawyers are indeed good, 6 week turn around, but I'll wait.

I don’t think you’ve read much content here based on that assessment. But I do agree with you to a large degree about the way many folks here treat medical queries. I often disagree.

Can someone explain why he’s wrong with a reg quote? The reg doesn’t say anything about deferral that I can see. If he hasn’t been denied yet, it seems he’s right. What are we missing?

I don’t think you’ve read much content here based on that assessment.

Google
Pilots of america medical deferral

Go through it. Lol.

Pilots of america misdemeanor
That's even more hilarious.

Google
Pilots of america medical deferral

Go through it. Lol.

Pilots of america misdemeanor
That's even more hilarious.
Don’t judge the forum and all its members on a few threads.

Don’t judge the forum and all its members on a few threads.

Im just giving my experience, maybe 4 people have been positive out of the 30+. That's not a good look for the community and is pretty toxic. I've literally just been upfront and tried to be respectful but only so much can fly.
I get it, I'm doomed over something stupid.
I get it that my medical is hanging by a thread that can tip either way or be hung up for 5 months+ or even require a psychological evaluation which costs 3k+. I get it.
I mean a hang in there you can do it, or I knew xxx and they were fine or anything relatively positive to my future would be great instead of nailing me down and acting as if I'm permanently done for before it began.
I'm sure there's a silver lining, I'm sure there are atleast a handful with a similar fight who made it through. I seriously doubt the entire community is perfect and never did anything wrong. Most of you guys are just being dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back