Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Revocation by FAA of two pilots

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • All Red Bull personnel with certificates have them revoked

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It would be hard to dispute a NTSB probable cause finding of “gross and moronic pilot error”. If they use that term.
:happydance:

This could drive up the price of a used 182 even more.

When was it not possible? People do it all the time for r&d. I’m guessing this will be experimental exhibition… just a guess.

Took a bit of searching, but it appears both planes shown are owned by PARA TACTICS LLC.

N3694U (the blue one) is registered as "Normal" while N3185Q (the silver one) is registered as Experimental R&D. It could be that the FAA website just hasn't caught up for N3694U yet.

Odds are they will do it with no issues. You know they’ve already done it with someone sitting there not operating the controls…… probably dozens of times.
Doesn’t mean I think it’s a good idea btw

I guess on this one I get to add...

Of the two guys doing this, Luke and Andy. Lukes Dad was my main CFI. Andy's dad was CFI for my first solo and other instruction. Luke and Andy taught me how to exit a perfectly flying airplane then fly an incredibly fast parachute/canopy.

Both of those guys are the best in the business when it comes to skydiving. They are very meticulous about what they do and don't seem to feel any pressure from what is going on around them.

I suspect by the time they do this for the cameras it will be a fairly routine thing.

LOL. It really wasn’t that big of a deal. I was mentioning it more to explain why there were multiple posts rather than intending it to be an outright criticism of your title. But it is just the nature of the beast when a website has a large number of posters and a large number of categories to post in. Multiple posts on the same subject are inevitable. However, cryptic titles can make it worse. I have been guilty of the same thing and usually it was when I was trying to be a bit funny with the title. No worries.

I'm voting for multiple fatalities, because -- NASCAR, Indie car, Isle of Man TT, and other blood sports.

Wait so we can turn certificated aircraft into experimentals now?
Paulo has been working on this in the hangar next to mine for months now. There was a big EXPERIMENTAL label across the side of the plane before they put the logos on. I watched him lift it up with a forklift to test the brake operation a few weeks ago. Not sure I get the point of it, but I don’t know why anyone would jump out of an airplane anyway.

§ 21.191 Experimental certificates.
(d) Exhibition. Exhibiting the aircraft's flight capabilities, performance, or unusual characteristics at air shows, motion picture, television, and similar productions, and the maintenance of exhibition flight proficiency, including (for persons exhibiting aircraft) flying to and from such air shows and productions.

It's not inevitable that they *stay* separate threads. The moderators can merge them.

LOL. It really wasn’t that big of a deal. I was mentioning it more to explain why there were multiple posts rather than intending it to be an outright criticism of your title. But it is just the nature of the beast when a website has a large number of posters and a large number of categories to post in. Multiple posts on the same subject are inevitable. However, cryptic titles can make it worse. I have been guilty of the same thing and usually it was when I was trying to be a bit funny with the title. No worries.
Certainly not a problem for me. I accept constructive suggestions happily, as in the example of setting up a poll. It was fun messing around with thread options since I don't get to do that very often. Merging would be a good idea, too, but I'm not an admin nor aspire to be one for that matter. Doesn't pay enough, lol.

Redundant threads, bad titles (World Championships 2018, 2019, etc) are just part of a living forum. It is no big deal to rename or merge threads. Admins have lives too so sometime folks have to ask.

Redundant threads, bad titles (World Championships 2018, 2019, etc) are just part of a living forum. It is no big deal to rename or merge threads. Admins have lives too so sometime folks have to ask.
OK, you can go first next time.:cheers:

I met one of the pilots today while he was waiting for the fog to burn off in the practice area. Seems like a normal guy. FYI. Not ehe EXPERIMENTAL text on the side of the plane. If anyone is interested, Paulo Iscold, the designer, is going to give a presentation about the project to our EAA meeting on May 15th.

Red Bull Stunt Plane.jpeg

I saw the film crew staging for today's 4 pm Hulu livestream at my home airport. I heard it's happening between Phoenix and Tucson at Sawtooth Airport.

Also, no TFR to keep someone from wandering into the airspace although there is a parachute NOTAM.

Edited: I had no idea the Red Bull helo was an aerobatic helo when I took the pic. I learned that watching the show. Who knew?

upload_2022-4-24_12-47-55.png

upload_2022-4-24_12-50-5.png

Last edited:
Well fiddle...can't watch Hulu. Y'all let me know if they make it.

Watching them climb to altitude now. Hopefully the guy flying the silver plane remembers to strap up his helmet.

They took off a few minutes ago. Still quite a while left for their climb.

They are showing up on FlightRadar24.

Embry Riddle plane stumbling through the airspace!

Absolutely horrible coverage. Who was producing this?

Yeah, let’s just show a guy flying the good plane, not the more exciting part OF THE OTHER PLANE CRASHING.

It’s like 10 minutes past now, and still they haven’t shown the crashed plane.

Back