Submitted for your approval

Do we have a large number of Ukraine members we are showing support for?

I don't watch "The View", and most of the women I know have technical jobs, so I don't know what "virtue signaling" is. Is it like flagging down the girl with the shots, so you can buy them for your friends?

will be as useless as the avclicks guy asking a random russian software developer what she's doing to stop the war.....literally asked her "what are you doing to stop the war" lol. pure useless garbage to make yourself feel better without lifting a finger to do anything meaningful. just change your facebook profile pic to blue and gold and see how many likes you get. that will really help!

(sorry avclick guy, nothing personal, I know you're a good guy and mean well)

I approve. The valiant fight of freedom against the dark forces of tyranny supersedes politics.

I approve. The valiant fight of freedom against the dark forces of tyranny supersedes politics.
POA is "Pilots of America" and I don't think we need to abandon our Red, White, and Blue for some other nation's flag. It's blatantly political, and unnecessary. That's what your avatar is for if you need to fly a different flag.

POA is "Pilots of America" and I don't think we need to abandon our Red, White, and Blue for some other nation's flag. It's blatantly political, and unnecessary. That's what your avatar is for if you need to fly a different flag.
Pilots of America, and America stands for freedom and Democracy. If you don’t like it Rename it “Pilots of Wherever”.

Actually, red, white, and blue are also the colors in Russia's flag...

While I agree with the sentiment, I don’t think it needs to be imposed on all forum members. Feel free to use a Ukraine flag as your avatar for a while if you like.
I agree. One’s avatar is an excellent way for one to express their personal support for people and nations that deserve it due to oppression by criminal and/or tyrannical states.

Pilots of America, and America stands for freedom and Democracy. If you don’t like it Rename it “Pilots of Wherever”.
When was the US a democracy? Last I checked we're still a Constitutional Republic.
Standing for freedom is something I support, and insinuating that I don't like defending liberty is pretty ignorant of the general tenor of my posts.
Personally, I wish the Ukrainian people the very best, and I may or may not have done a thing or two to contribute in some way (not counting the tax dollars), but in the context of the forum I think it's something that we shouldn't feel the need to do. I won't be painting my house blue and yellow, either.
As far as the forum goes, I've always thought that "America" was more geographic in the forum's contextual use of the term (and perhaps slanted towards the "America the Beautiful" meaning of the term rather than the "Americas" but definitely transcendent of politics.
Actually, red, white, and blue are also the colors in Russia's flag...
In a different order, yes. Also the colors of other flags, but blue and yellow aren't generally associated with 'merica.

Last edited:
Call it what you want, but displaying the current and traditional logo doesn’t indicate that we’re not supportive of the ongoing crisis.

will be as useless as the avclicks guy asking a random russian software developer what she's doing to stop the war.....literally asked her "what are you doing to stop the war" lol. pure useless garbage to make yourself feel better without lifting a finger to do anything meaningful.
Well, smarty pants, the AvClicks guy (me) was replying to a request to subscribe to Russian software for another year to the tune of several hundred dollars. My decision was to hold off until the Russian people, the only possible force strong enough to end the blood bath, bring it to an end. Please note that many banks, businesses, countries and finally Biden followed AvClicks' lead. So there. :p

will be as useless as the avclicks guy asking a random russian software developer what she's doing to stop the war.....literally asked her "what are you doing to stop the war" lol. pure useless garbage to make yourself feel better without lifting a finger to do anything meaningful. just change your facebook profile pic to blue and gold and see how many likes you get. that will really help!
Yeah I agree. I’ve never quite understood what things like this (and what you describe) accomplish. So you change your profile photo or avatar to a Ukrainian flag, big whoop. Not to sound like I’m unsupportive or don’t care about the situation, but if the goal is to actually ‘show support’, donating to a worthy cause would be far more worthwhile. Do whatever gets your rocks off, by all means.

Back