Prostate Meds

F

FlowHelp

I'm at the age where peeing is sometimes a challenge. I understand that Flomax (Tamsulosin) is OK as far as the FAA is concerned. What are the other similar drugs that help with urine flow that are allowed by the FAA?

Also, from personal experience, does anyone have a recommendation of a drug that they found to be more effective than others they tried?

Thanks very much!

I've heard good things about urolift for BPH.

I've heard good things about urolift for BPH.

A friend of mine had the Urolift procedure, and said it was ineffective and that he's going to have to have another (different) procedure done.

I recently started the med. I’m only 45. It does help so far after about 1 week. Didn’t know how bad I was till I started the med and saw the difference.

Which med are you taking?
Flomax. I went for a urology appt for consult to set up gettin spayed. Filled out questionnaire about bph they sent me ahead of time. Gave a urine sample then they bladder scanned me 198ml. Wow. I know that’s no good. Just got done peeing 5 min ago.any higher they’d be talking me into a cath. So she comes in and looking back I’ve had a lot of symptoms that I just got used to. Wake up 1-2 times a night. Sometime go and then go 30 min later. Weaker stream. Since starting med go 0-1 times at night and stream much better. Feel better. Just have A big prostate. Psa normal.

This does not answer your question, but my experience with Flomax was it did was it was supposed to do. However it also had other undesirable side effects I was unwilling to live with, so I discontinued use. The dr did not offer any alternative.

This does not answer your question, but my experience with Flomax was it did was it was supposed to do. However it also had other undesirable side effects I was unwilling to live with, so I discontinued use. The dr did not offer any alternative.

Such as? I ask because I'm nearing the point of needing some sort of help there. In particular, if I get up overnight to pee, it takes a lot of effort to void. I don't have that problem during the day when I'm active.

Such as? I ask because I'm nearing the point of needing some sort of help there. In particular, if I get up overnight to pee, it takes a lot of effort to void. I don't have that problem during the day when I'm active.

I had a friend who had a laser procedure done, he said it worked great.

I had a friend who had a laser procedure done, he said it worked great.

Personally, I'd prefer to take a med, at least to see if the side effects are objectionable. If the med doesn't work the way I want it to, all I have to do is discontinue it. Taking a laser to my privates is a bigger step.

Interesting how many successful medical procedures have all come to light.

With these type procedures, my jets always get cooled because:

1) How many doctors go to the recovery room and admit to the patient or his family that the surgery went poorly? I've never seen it happen, and I've been around a lot of surgeries.

2) How many middle aged (and older) men are gonna come out and say "I had procedure X and now I **** myself every time someone turns on the microwave." or "Now it just lays there like a shriveled gummi worm."

the best analogy I can give in a family-friendly forum is it was like a sprinter coming out of the starting blocks and running a long time and in proper form but the finish line was always just out of reach.

I’ve been considering that roll of clear flexible 8mm pvc tubing I’ve got out in the hangar.

I take Alfuzosin Hcl er 10mg/day. Does the job very well for me. Minimal side effects and less cost compared to Flowmax which I was formerly taking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back