Boutique SIC

Dana Leschak

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JATO
Recently, Boutique Air (BTQ) had a problem with SIC logging time via 135.99. Fargo FSDO allegedly removed their PDP program. Their CEO, Shawn Simpson wrote a letter of concern to the FAA.
Does any one know the status of Boutique's SIC certification and if they fixed this problem?

It shouldn't matter no one should ever willingly work for bootyQ or southern or any of those bottom feeder EAS 135. They are borderline shutting down anyway losing routes left and right and withdrawing from others. SIC in a fking caravan or PC12 is meaningless so unless you wanna work for sub poverty wages for a POS operation who even cares what the status is.

I would not say that SIC in a PC-12 is useless, I have about 1500 hours of that in my logbook, and it was great experience.

But I would stay far far away from Boutique. They have a horrible safety record. Lots of better ways to build time out there.

The now have a professional development program approved by the FAA.

Recently, Boutique Air (BTQ) had a problem with SIC logging time via 135.99. Fargo FSDO allegedly removed their PDP program. Their CEO, Shawn Simpson wrote a letter of concern to the FAA.
Does any one know the status of Boutique's SIC certification and if they fixed this problem?

I hear about this all over but, as a ppl doing cpl for fun, I don’t really understand what the core issue is? Could someone explain what the issue is with logging SIC specifically with companies like BQAir??

They run Pilatus PC-12s which are single pilot airplanes. In order for the SIC’s to be able to log the time, they have to have an FAA approved training program. Their program was yanked by the FAA, but apparently a new one has been approved.

Back