Rough River 2022 (2I3) 4/22 - 4/24

Not-yet-named barleywine is fermenting away happily. For those keeping score, OG of 1.098

...barleywine...
Good choice on the spectrum of maximizing alcohol and minimizing weight! :) I brewed a barleywine once. 1-2 pints was all it took to thoroughly kicked my a**. I decided it's way too potent for me.

finally got a response about the restaurant, although I'm not sure if it clears anything up:

"The restaurant is currently open Friday-Sunday and I am not sure when we plan to go back full time. They are currently doing buffets during dinner on the weekends."

when I asked about getting breakfast:

"The restaurant will definitely be open for all weekend meals. It just may be off the menu or buffet depending on how many people are in house."

What's the rough (get it?) food plan?

Friday Dinner:??
Saturday Breakfast:??
Saturday Lunch:??
Saturday Dinner:??

What seemed to work last time was:

Fri dinner: Cookout
Sat breakfast: restaurant
Sat lunch: fly to lunch
Sat dinner: cookout
Sun breakfast: restaurant

But I’m open to whatever.

Fri dinner: Spam
Sat breakfast: Spam
Sat lunch: Spam
Sat dinner: Spam
Sun breakfast: Spam

I'm suddenly in the mood for spam.

OR for emails from nigeria about my lottery winnings.

Lodge Room booked. Can cancel if anyone still has a cabin to split. Mode of transportation still to be determined.

Wife and I are still looking to split a cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may seem surprising, but bearing I still have access to the Cherokee at the time, I will be coming up on Saturday morning.

Yes, I know I’ve said it in the past and I know Ed is still going to give me crap, but I actually am going to give it my best this year! :)

This may seem surprising, but bearing I still have access to the Cherokee at the time, I will be coming up on Saturday morning.

Yes, I know I’ve said it in the past and I know Ed is still going to give me crap, but I actually am going to give it my best this year! :)

Pics or didn't happen.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. The winners go home and **** the prom queen.

I don't remember any of us needing to eat at the restaurant other than Sunday breakfast.

I don't remember any of us needing to eat at the restaurant other than Sunday breakfast.

Truth. But the option is there if someone wants it.

We’ll start working on a “who’s bringing what” list soon like we did last year. Seemed to work pretty well, me thinks.

Basically last year we made no solid plan but had a general notion of cooking out Sat. We then spontaneously decided we were cooking out Fri and Sat night and as it happened we had enough meat(but no seasonings).

Basically last year we made no solid plan but had a general notion of cooking out Sat. We then spontaneously decided we were cooking out Fri and Sat night and as it happened we had enough meat(but no seasonings).

I seem to recall some seasoning.
A few of us were tearing up over it.

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this.....

"T-Minus 7 weeks for Rough River....."

Carry On...

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this.....

"T-Minus 7 weeks for Rough River....."

Carry On...

I'll start a group chat soon so we can start discussing who's bringing what

I get my April schedule on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

I am cautiously optimistic that Peggy will be out of annual by the end of April (it's only been 6 months!?!), so barring any more aircraft-related setbacks, I'm in.

I’ll just throw in again that I’m very sorry to be missing this event this year due to conflict with twin Cessna convention. Sue and I have had a really good time both years we’ve gone. Have fun all.

I’ll just throw in again that I’m very sorry to be missing this event this year due to conflict with twin Cessna convention. Sue and I have had a really good time both years we’ve gone. Have fun all.

yeah big time bummer, Lance. sad that my wine drinking partner won't be there this year (Sue).

Definitely a bummer. You'll both be missed!

Where is the twin cessna convention? Can we crash it? We could tie my & @Skyrys62 's 172's together like that F-82.

You are big timing us, we get it. :)

Have fun and know you will be missed.

Back