Where Will the Price of Avgas Settle?

The slice is about to get bigger.
Everybody says fuel is the cheapest part, but it's over 25% in my case. If it doubles, that's significant. On the bright side at the rate everything else is going up it'll be back to 25% again soon.

My airport manager friend got a quote this week that was 50 cents higher than last week. He said it's been going up about a nickel a week until this jump. They're usually the cheapest in the state, and $4.90 right now. They were $4.27 in January, and he thinks the next load will have to be closer the $6.

I haven't bought any for a month since my plane went down, and probably have another month to go. Going to be quite a shock. Maybe it'll have peaked by then :rolleyes:

My prediction is autogas will be $6-7 dollars by the end of summer and 100LL will be $8-9.

At our airport 100LL is $5.75. When gas prices went down they didn't change the price hoping they do the same as they go up until what is in the tank is gone. Dollar cost averaging.

I filled up both planes last week and my son filled up the boat in Destin. The boat gas was $4.54 X 220 gallons! :eek: Avgas totals were 140 gallons at $4.89 average. I figure I saved $1.00 per gallon or more buying last week. :cool: I don’t think it will be this low again for along time!

I filled up both planes last week and my son filled up the boat in Destin. The boat gas was $4.54 X 220 gallons! :eek: Avgas totals were 140 gallons at $4.89 average. I figure I saved $1.00 per gallon or more buying last week. :cool: I don’t think it will be this low again for along time!

I'm figuring about 3 more years.

Anyone seen $10 avgas? $9.89 in Las Vegas

upload_2022-6-7_14-34-10.png

$10.97 at LGA. Though at an airport like that... maybe not a fair comparison.
upload_2022-6-7_16-38-14.png
>$11 in Florida at one of the choices in PBI
upload_2022-6-7_16-39-55.png

Where will it settle? According to major commodity trading houses specializing in oil, much higher based on where things are headed in the world! Light sports sipping 5gph are looking pretty attractive right now...

Where will it settle? According to major commodity trading houses specializing in oil, much higher based on where things are headed in the world! Light sports sipping 5gph are looking pretty attractive right now...

Roughly $6.50 - 7.50 at nearby airports. It hurts my heart to spend over a hundred bucks on a tank of fuel for my little experimental. ;)

We had a trip to Denver in the Citation last week. JetA was a little over $10 at KDEN and a little under $6 at KAPA, we went to KAPA.

They’re just taking advantage of people at prices like that.

Canceled my membership a long time ago! ;)

I just did for many reasons. AOPA seems to be transitioning into a group that does not have my best interest at heart. Long live EAA ... :dunno:

So, it’s your fault they can’t afford to buy off the politicians!

From the song:

"I bought myself a politician
Cause I have never said I’ll play it fair
If they are not on sale
I pick them up from jail
It doesn’t hurt to have a few to spare"

100LL would be $6.77 at the home drome if either of the pumps worked. I live out in the country. In "town" it's $8.73. My guess is it will top at over $10 in this area.

We also pay the second most for electricity behind Hawaii because our corrupt government had us pay for a new power plant that never opened. Even so, with the rise in price for a gallon of 87 octane, I bought an electric car. That took my monthly fuel bill for commuting to work from $90 to $17.

From the song:

"I bought myself a politician
Cause I have never said I’ll play it fair
If they are not on sale
I pick them up from jail
It doesn’t hurt to have a few to spare"

I wish I could like that more than once.

As fuel has been my #1 expense over the past decade, this is definitely going to be cutting down on my flying.

As fuel has been my #1 expense over the past decade, this is definitely going to be cutting down on my flying.

I'll continue to travel like I have for the last 10 years, but it'll certainly cut down on those beautiful evening flights just to go make some airplane noise.

I wish I could like that more than once.

I like the Mona Lisa Twins and find that this is a non political song that describes politics quite accurately. It has good movements/chord progressions along with excellent lyrics. :rockon:

Back