The Flying Machine dinner @KLZU 3/2/22

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Midweek, unable. But one of these days I will make it.

Can't but I'm kinda hoping for one in Tennessee thus summer!

Wife having outpatient surgery Wednesday...out!

Nah, on my way to Memphis for a wine event. Stopping off in Nashville on the way.

hope everything's aight......

Broke her fifth metatarsal, Jones fracture. Going to have a screw put in to hold the bine together. Pretty routine, but she wont be able to put weight on the foot for 6-8 weeks after. Yuk!

Broke her fifth metatarsal, Jones fracture. Going to have a screw put in to hold the bine together. Pretty routine, but she wont be able to put weight on the foot for 6-8 weeks after. Yuk!

I don’t see the big deal, she has four more.

Hope it goes smoothly and is on the mend soon.

Last edited:
Glad to see that the Flying Machine is still around. I used to land at LZU occasionally while going to school in Athens ~20 years ago.

Should be a nice flight for you and your lady friend... Cant make this one...
But call me when you do MTV :p:cool:

I'll still be at work. So can't make it.

If I go to work in Norcross, I’ll try to make it. Doesn’t feel right. I’d drive to the dinner…

Any chance I can talk you into either the Downwind or the 57th at PDK?
Yeah I’d be up to try something new! Airplane is supposed to come out of the shop tomorrow, so I’ll confirm things tomorrow evening.

Any chance I can talk you into either the Downwind or the 57th at PDK?
Yeah I’d be up to try something new! Airplane is supposed to come out of the shop tomorrow, so I’ll confirm things tomorrow evening.

I could probably make it to one of those. LZU at rush hour? :eek: I'm across town from there. ;) It's ~40-45 min drive with no traffic.

@RyanB , what’s the deal? Plane out of the shop? Still planning on LZU? I’m. 50/50 on making it out there, but would definitely be in if you went to PDK.

@RyanB , what’s the deal? Plane out of the shop? Still planning on LZU? I’m. 50/50 on making it out there, but would definitely be in if you went to PDK.
Sorry, been out flying :)

Yep! Plane is out of the shop, I think we’re going to proceed with original plans of LZU. Aiming for a 6:15 arrival!

We already hit that a couple months ago (Elevation Chophouse).

Borrow a courtesy car and drive the 6.5 miles North to Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth. Call for reservations first.

Alternately, fly to VPC and drive ~10 miles South to Henry's Louisiana Grill.

Discriminating Aviators love it.

Thanks for the tag. Baseball practice tonight for the 10 y/o team I'm helping coach, otherwise I would try to slide up there.

@RyanB , still a go I assume? Just checking before I drive 45 minutes in the wrong direction. :)
Yup! Still a go! Should be launching just after 530. Although, I hate to have you drive so far just to come see me ;). Understand if you decide not to come by! :)

Not feeling well so I’m going to have to skip tonight. I was looking forward as this would be my first.

Mooneys are fast but I don’t think I can get there in time.

Back