Beech 35 down

Witnesses said the engine cut out, and it dropped from the sky. Well, an engine going out wouldn't cause that to happen. It appears he took off from the airport not far from where it crashed. I wonder if the engine cut out, and he tried to turn back to the airport and stalled it. That would explain the "dropped from the sky" statement.
Guess we can speculate all we want. Hopefully the experts of the NTSB can figure it out.
So sad that two people lost their lives in this. RIP.

We shall see, but given the contained impact site and debris field, it does look like a stall or stall spin.

And the requisite face-palm calling the pilot a hero for avoiding the houses in the crash…if one is that ignorant of aviation, perhaps one should remain silent…

Funny you say that, as I was thinking the same thing! The one article about this crash said:
"the pilot is being credited with avoiding houses and nearby Pennridge Central Middle School.".

Another person said:
"was trying to come down the street to make a landing so nobody would get hurt."

Uh, no!!!! He was coming down the street hoping to land the plane! Are people really that stupid!
And if he really "fell out of the sky" as some people saw, then it was just pure chance that he crashed where he did.

Whatever the case may be, this is all very sad. Hope the families are doing OK.

Really, the pilot is "a hero for putting it down in the intersection".

I would bet my neighbor's boat that the last thing the pilot was thinking was putting it down in an intersection.

Pet peeve of mine too. If he had the control to aim to miss the houses, he had the control to fly away into the sunset. Video has emerged, and he was just along for the ride.

893FAAD7-8149-41A3-B15C-14DF20F9ECBB.png There was some talk they were practicing slow flight at a relatively low altitude? I guess one could check ADS data to see what was going on just prior.

Pet peeve of mine too. If he had the control to aim to miss the houses, he had the control to fly away into the sunset. Video has emerged, and he was just along for the ride.
Yeah, just watched it. Approximately zero horizontal motion.

Plane had departed my home field and I flew in the exact same area about 90 minutes prior. Breezy and overcast with heavy scattered snow squalls around.

Back