Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

There being.....MTO?

Am I picking anyone up anywhere?

And nope - back to impossible for me.

I called the KMTO airport dinner. They’ll be open (7 to 7) and they said the airport is clear now.
I’ll be there if at least one other is

As far as when? I’m good anywhere 10:30 to 1:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to suggest we postpone until next week, as it sounds that might be better for a few folks, and give us a week to plan. Of course the weather probably won't cooperate, but it's supposed to be windier as frig tomorrow anyway. That said, if @EdFred and @crash7 still want to do it, I'll show up. It's about as long a drive as my (empty) hangar.

There's a chance I might be able to make next week. Will be monitoring.

Sounds like next week works better for more people? I’m good either way.

Well, in theory I’ll have my plane back. But flying to Florida seems like a really good idea these days :) so put me as 50/50 next Saturday.

Bah. No club planes available on the 26th.

I’m at 50/50 for next weekend as well.

Now I might have a club plane for next Saturday. I’ll know in an hour...

I’m bummed the plane is still in annual

I’ll look into a plane.

I'm also short on approaches if anyone else wants to safety pilot. I'm willing to do it as well. Was actually thinking about that, several of us are close-ish. I wouldn't mind if that turned into a semi-regular thing.

I’m out for this weekend. Next time!

Anyone looking for a ride if the Wx holds?

Ok, I’m officially “in”. Bringing my wife; she says there is a scrapbook store in Mattoon, so may add that to the agenda, probably before eats.

Ok, I’m officially “in”. Bringing my wife; she says there is a scrapbook store in Mattoon, so may add that to the agenda, probably before eats.
Supposedly they have a Mercedes crew car. I expect a pirep.

Why won't you be there?
I will be, but I've never used their car because it's about a 20min drive from my house.

Fwiw, the fbo gives a 50 cent discount on fuel if you eat at the restaurant. It's not the cheapest around, but it winds up being a pretty good price.

I wish Iron Barley had an airport, so we could switch locations. Their Mardi Gras buffet this Sat >> Airport Steakhouse (that is not actually a steakhouse, but still pretty good), so I'm out.

It’s not about the food, it’s about the company...whom I’ve never actually met in person, so not sure why so said that. TBD.

Anyone else around the central IL area need a ride? I'm pretty much going right over Springfield coming from Quincy

Couldn’t make it work tomorrow. Catch everyone next month hopefully.

Back